Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > RedLine 360c

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old March 1st, 2021
DeputyDog95 DeputyDog95 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22 Raptor View Post
Okay, I don't know a lot about radar but I have been around for a while but have you update it to FW 1.6 yet?

Also is that a threat in your area, do you know if LE are using that band in your area and if not go to setting on your phone or on the radar and turn that off?
My phone updated itself on wifi last Thurs or Friday. Not sure which version I'm running as I can't figure out how to tell using the app.

I don't think it's a real threat as it's constant. Day, night, weekend, same thing in every part of town.

How would you tune out a specific frequency in the app? Haven't seen that either.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old March 1st, 2021
IFeelTheNeed IFeelTheNeed is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 28
Default

Hmmm ... 35.842 rings bell, and I think I noticed a late model Audi SUV that was producing it. You canfind a whole thread on that frequency on the Max360 forum going back to 2017.

Last edited by IFeelTheNeed; March 1st, 2021 at 07:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old March 2nd, 2021
DeputyDog95 DeputyDog95 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFeelTheNeed View Post
Hmmm ... 35.842 rings bell, and I think I noticed a late model Audi SUV that was producing it. You canfind a whole thread on that frequency on the Max360 forum going back to 2017.
I'm definitely running version 1.6 and my car is a 21 Audi with all the safety tech. So maybe it is my car, detecting itself.

I did go in and turn the main Ka off, and then opened up certain segmented Ka bands, excluding 9 and 10.

That seemed to help tremendously and they don't appear to be used by law enforcement based on setup recommendations I've read online.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old March 2nd, 2021
amolinaro's Avatar
amolinaro amolinaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyDog95 View Post
I'm definitely running version 1.6 and my car is a 21 Audi with all the safety tech. So maybe it is my car, detecting itself.

I did go in and turn the main Ka off, and then opened up certain segmented Ka bands, excluding 9 and 10.

That seemed to help tremendously and they don't appear to be used by law enforcement based on setup recommendations I've read online.
Yep, it's a shame that all of these car manufacturers are using similar police frequency K band and Ka bands for their car tech - really makes the detector manufactures' job that much harder to filter yet remain alert to a real threat. Frustrating to say the least. Years ago if your detector went off it was a known threat. Now you have to double check everything to make sure it's real.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old March 12th, 2021
IFeelTheNeed IFeelTheNeed is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 28
Default

35.841 and 35.842 are definitely late model Audis. There are some in the hood, and when they get one or two car lengths behind me, they set off the detector but only with barely one bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFeelTheNeed View Post
Hmmm ... 35.842 rings bell, and I think I noticed a late model Audi SUV that was producing it. You canfind a whole thread on that frequency on the Max360 forum going back to 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old March 13th, 2021
DeputyDog95 DeputyDog95 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFeelTheNeed View Post
35.841 and 35.842 are definitely late model Audis. There are some in the hood, and when they get one or two car lengths behind me, they set off the detector but only with barely one bar.
Good to know! Thanks. I have a 21 Audi and apparently the unit was detecting my car, over and over and over again. It was driving me insane, to the point I wanted to return the unit.

Turning that narrow Ka band off, fixed it!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.