Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > RedLine 360c

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 17th, 2021
TonyPHX623's Avatar
TonyPHX623 TonyPHX623 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Phoenix, West Valley Area
Posts: 248
Default New toy / New questions

Hello All,

I finally jumped in and got an M2 Dash Cam to use with my R360c. I thought the Drive Smarter app would be used with the R360c as well but I cannot get them to pair up. Is it just me? Any ideas? It sees the R360c but fails every time.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 18th, 2021
marinerjoe marinerjoe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 99
Default

I posted that the same thing is happening with me. Iíll continue using the Escort Live app on my iPhone.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 18th, 2021
TonyPHX623's Avatar
TonyPHX623 TonyPHX623 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Phoenix, West Valley Area
Posts: 248
Default Well something not right then

I also have continuous firmware update dialogs. I will reach out to Technical Support when they open on Monday. New product is always bumpy but Im just wanting it to work.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 20th, 2021
TonyPHX623's Avatar
TonyPHX623 TonyPHX623 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Phoenix, West Valley Area
Posts: 248
Default What seems to be the deal is

So anyways, what seems to be the deal is that the app is not ready fro R360c yet. BUT the good news is, you do not really need the app unless you are retrieving clips from it.

So this thing is not over the top perfect, but it is good enough to do the job of capturing your drive.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 15th, 2022
DomDoobie DomDoobie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 25
Default

Iím new and just got an R360c. Everything works great with the escort live app. Tried the drive smarter and and it kept failing sayin bad serial number or something like that. Best I can figure is the drive smarter apps database has not been updated for additional detectors. Said something about Dec 2021 but Iím thinking like most people and places it didnít happen blaming it on the pandemic lol.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 16th, 2022
mtime mtime is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDoobie View Post
Iím new and just got an R360c. Everything works great with the escort live app. Tried the drive smarter and and it kept failing sayin bad serial number or something like that. Best I can figure is the drive smarter apps database has not been updated for additional detectors. Said something about Dec 2021 but Iím thinking like most people and places it didnít happen blaming it on the pandemic lol.
MaxCam is the only RD that works with DriveSmarter. Eventually other RD's will be migrated but you need to use Escort Live right now
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 17th, 2022
DomDoobie DomDoobie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtime View Post
MaxCam is the only RD that works with DriveSmarter. Eventually other RD's will be migrated but you need to use Escort Live right now
Thanks ! I have another question. Iím driving on the highway. The detector is warning me of red light and speed cameras that are on nearby streets and the service road. One question is since Iím not on the actual street with the camera should I tap there or not there. Iím afraid if I tap not there it wonít warm me of that particular camera if Iím on the actual service road. I live in New York and they are everywhere lol !
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 17th, 2022
marinerjoe marinerjoe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDoobie View Post
Thanks ! I have another question. Iím driving on the highway. The detector is warning me of red light and speed cameras that are on nearby streets and the service road. One question is since Iím not on the actual street with the camera should I tap there or not there. Iím afraid if I tap not there it wonít warm me of that particular camera if Iím on the actual service road. I live in New York and they are everywhere lol !
Do nothing as it will continue to alert based on proximity and not the road traveled.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 17th, 2022
DomDoobie DomDoobie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerjoe View Post
Do nothing as it will continue to alert based on proximity and not the road traveled.
Thank you ! So Iíve been running through the settings. The top ones are pretty straight forward I seem to have read enough to understand them. The radar types and frequencies has me stumped right now. I donít want to turn something off and risk getting a ticket. But I also donít want to turn something on that isnít really used anymore getting to many false alerts. Iíll mainly be using this in NY PA and NJ. Any ideas for customization ? I found a site vortex radar that has some settings as well as the guys own personal settings. X was off from the factory but I turned it on because when I searched the internet it says NY uses X. Any ideas for me ? I appreciate all the help and replies from the community. My eyes are tired from trying to learn to much to fast lol. But Iím sitting in the car getting paid for it. Supposed to be driving snow plow but thereís no more snow today so I get to skate lmao
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 17th, 2022
mtime mtime is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDoobie View Post
Thank you ! So Iíve been running through the settings. The top ones are pretty straight forward I seem to have read enough to understand them. The radar types and frequencies has me stumped right now. I donít want to turn something off and risk getting a ticket. But I also donít want to turn something on that isnít really used anymore getting to many false alerts. Iíll mainly be using this in NY PA and NJ. Any ideas for customization ? I found a site vortex radar that has some settings as well as the guys own personal settings. X was off from the factory but I turned it on because when I searched the internet it says NY uses X. Any ideas for me ? I appreciate all the help and replies from the community. My eyes are tired from trying to learn to much to fast lol. But Iím sitting in the car getting paid for it. Supposed to be driving snow plow but thereís no more snow today so I get to skate lmao
Vortex's site is a good resource. My understanding is NJ uses X, not NY or PA. Also, cameras in NYC which Defender or Live Alerts can alert to. My suggestion is to run K and Ka wide initially until you have some experience and get a sense for real versus false. Then you can segment. Escort defaults the RL360 on Ka to 2/5/8; some add 4/6 for drifting. It is a good idea to run a wide as you can for starters. Enjoy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 Escort Inc.