Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > MAX 360

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 19th, 2015
Wooddog44 Wooddog44 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 20
Default Problems with sticky cup mount?

On delivery day, about a month ago, I had my new 360 mounted and working but when I went to make an adjustment to the cup it "blew up". Spring went one way, little lever went another, cup went a third, etc...

Escort 2nd day aired me a new one, which has so far worked fine, but I'm concerned each time I flip the lever that it will again spontaneously disassemble...

Escort of course gave me the "party line" that it was an isolated defect but the fact that they were so quick to send another one, and didn't want the broken one back, makes me think it wasn't such an isolated problem... Anyone else experience anything like this?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old November 19th, 2015
roadrunner1 roadrunner1 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooddog44 View Post
On delivery day, about a month ago, I had my new 360 mounted and working but when I went to make an adjustment to the cup it "blew up". Spring went one way, little lever went another, cup went a third, etc...

Escort 2nd day aired me a new one, which has so far worked fine, but I'm concerned each time I flip the lever that it will again spontaneously disassemble...

Escort of course gave me the "party line" that it was an isolated defect but the fact that they were so quick to send another one, and didn't want the broken one back, makes me think it wasn't such an isolated problem... Anyone else experience anything like this?
Why take the mount out of your car anyway? It its due to needing to move the radar detector to another car, just get another mount and your problem is solved. Then all you move is the detector itself.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 19th, 2015
GregK's Avatar
GregK GregK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Palatine, IL.
Posts: 717
Default

The fact that Escort sent you a new sticky cup express and doesn't want the old one back signals good customer service. If they wanted the old one back and sent it thru regular mail it would make people complain also. Paranoia ??

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
__________________
Greg
<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>
PLEASE...Help Save An Innocent Life !
www.aspca.org

Last edited by GregK; November 19th, 2015 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old November 19th, 2015
amolinaro's Avatar
amolinaro amolinaro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooddog44 View Post
On delivery day, about a month ago, I had my new 360 mounted and working but when I went to make an adjustment to the cup it "blew up". Spring went one way, little lever went another, cup went a third, etc...

Escort 2nd day aired me a new one, which has so far worked fine, but I'm concerned each time I flip the lever that it will again spontaneously disassemble...

Escort of course gave me the "party line" that it was an isolated defect but the fact that they were so quick to send another one, and didn't want the broken one back, makes me think it wasn't such an isolated problem... Anyone else experience anything like this?
The same thing happened to me the first time I tried to attach the sticky cup to my windshield. And I agree with you, the tightness with the spring in place seems like it will do it again. So, I simply took the spring out of the equation and snapped the lever back in place. My sticky cup is firmly attached and has been for 3 weeks without coming off. Really not sure why the spring is necessary as the suction is fine without it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old November 19th, 2015
SaltiDawg SaltiDawg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 165
Default

Over the years I've repeatedly had suction cups holding RDs and Dash cams come loose - particularly in very cold or very hot weather. I have moved on to Ram brand larger suction cup brackets, but they are huge.

I came across a suggestion recently... put a dab of RTV Silicone Adhesive on the cup. That stuff when set up can be peeled off usually without any damage to the rubber.

Anyone done this?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 22nd, 2015
V0rtex V0rtex is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 842
Default

This happened to me today too. I was opening up the sticky cup and I must have pushed the latch back too far because the whole thing exploded on me.



Luckily we were able to get it put back together again so we could continue testing, but I was surprised. Never had this issue before with any sticky cup. Once once it was put back together again, it was good as new.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 22nd, 2015
SaltiDawg SaltiDawg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 165
Default

Will the old style double cup mount work?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 22nd, 2015
V0rtex V0rtex is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltiDawg View Post
Will the old style double cup mount work?
Just tried it with the Redline mount shown in the video. It looks like it's the right width and that it'll slide in, but it won't actually go in to the detector and hold it in place. I've heard others have had luck with this so maybe there's some trick to finagling it in. The one I have isn't working.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 22nd, 2015
Skidrow Skidrow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 75
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK View Post
The fact that Escort sent you a new sticky cup express and doesn't want the old one back signals good customer service. If they wanted the old one back and sent it thru regular mail it would make people complain also. Paranoia ??

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Sorry to bother between the discussion, just couldn't resist, Escorts customer service is the best CS ive ever dealt with amazing people super friendly super helpful.. They have never even once let me down, i do critisize the company for some other issues but CS is rock solid!!

Please continue with the topic
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 24th, 2015
Wooddog44 Wooddog44 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 20
Default For travel...use in rental cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner1 View Post
Why take the mount out of your car anyway? It its due to needing to move the radar detector to another car, just get another mount and your problem is solved. Then all you move is the detector itself.
Should I get another one each time I rent a car... really???
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.