Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > Passport 9500ix, S75G

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 1 Week Ago
nickstath's Avatar
nickstath nickstath is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 80
Default 9500ix back for a limited time

I just receive an email. 9500 iX is back for a limited(?) time

__________________
I believe that the radar detectors are valuable for frequent drivers, as well for the police and road safety. It will limit the small fines for little speeding. I hope that the lawmakers do realize that the objective is to look for road safety, not for sending millions of small fines.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickstath

http://www.fiat4x4.gr
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1 Week Ago
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,710
Default

Hmm odd move. On todays roads any detector without BSM and CAS filtering is pretty useless. The 9500ix does not have Escorts IVT filtering. Many new detector users will buy this because of the price. Within 3 months the K falses will drive them batty. Once they find out nothing can be done their "new" detector will end up in a box in the garage. They will have a very sour experience with their purchase.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4 Days Ago
Darkmann Darkmann is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher318 View Post
Hmm odd move. On todays roads any detector without BSM and CAS filtering is pretty useless. The 9500ix does not have Escorts IVT filtering. Many new detector users will buy this because of the price. Within 3 months the K falses will drive them batty. Once they find out nothing can be done their "new" detector will end up in a box in the garage. They will have a very sour experience with their purchase.
I disagree. I have a 9500iX and the IX. I live in MD, work in VA and drive the East Coast from NY to FL quite often. I use both, but the 9500iX is my daily companion mostly due to the cumbersome (but very ingenious) IX mount. I don't have any problems at all with the 9500iX. In fact, both are equally annoying around Acuras and Buiks and Kias.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 4 Days Ago
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,710
Default

If it works for you that's great. Im just telling it like it is for about 90% of users.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 3 Days Ago
ThomThom ThomThom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Accokeek, MD
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher318 View Post
If it works for you that's great. Im just telling it like it is for about 90% of users.
I agree with Darkmann. My 9500ix is serving me quite well here in Maryland. Sure, I get falses sometimes, but so does everybody else, regardless of which detector they are using.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 3 Days Ago
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
I agree with Darkmann. My 9500ix is serving me quite well here in Maryland. Sure, I get falses sometimes, but so does everybody else, regardless of which detector they are using.
I have several detectors in my arsenal now:
  • 9500ix
  • Max
  • Max 2
  • Redline EX
  • Max 360
  • Max 360c

The 9500ix drives me nuts with BSM falses, especially on interstates. At the other end of the spectrum, I have virtually no BSM falses using the Max 360 or 360c. During a 500+ mile round-trip, I counted four of them. Just sayin'.

I think it requires a full digital processing platform to be able to filter out the bulk of these sources.
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
LIDAR Defense: Escort LSP + Veil G4
Phone: Apple iPhone 6s (128 GB) + AT&T
CB: Midland 75-822
HAM: Yaesu FT-7900R, Baofeng UV-5R, UV-3R
Scanner: GRE PSR-500 (Triple-trunking)
GPS: iPhone 6s with GPS Plus and Waze
Dashcam: Thinkware F750 (backup: DOD LS430W)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 3 Days Ago
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
I agree with Darkmann. My 9500ix is serving me quite well here in Maryland. Sure, I get falses sometimes, but so does everybody else, regardless of which detector they are using.
You might need to check out some newer units. The newest filtering from Escort is like a night and day difference compared to say an 8500 or 9500ix. The same is true for several other detector company's. Everyone has upped their game so to speak.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2 Days Ago
Darkmann Darkmann is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher318 View Post
You might need to check out some newer units. The newest filtering from Escort is like a night and day difference compared to say an 8500 or 9500ix. The same is true for several other detector company's. Everyone has upped their game so to speak.
I admit I'm not a detector techie. I am running my EscortIX in "factory mode," and like I said earlier it falses pretty much as bad as my 9500iX What customized settings do I have to activate to obtain superior filtering?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2 Days Ago
Darkmann Darkmann is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBNTX View Post
...I have virtually no BSM falses using the Max 360 or 360c. During a 500+ mile round-trip, I counted four of them. Just sayin'.

I think it requires a full digital processing platform to be able to filter out the bulk of these sources.
Wow, the 360 is really that good. I know you didn't show the EscortIX in your list. Do you know how the IX compares to the 360 in terms of BSM filtering?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2 Days Ago
LOAF3's Avatar
LOAF3 LOAF3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: DALLAS TEXAS
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstath View Post
I just receive an email. 9500 iX is back for a limited(?) time

Back in black
__________________
Iphone 6s
Escort Live
Waze
Max 360
9500IX Blue - Sold
4x4=12
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2017 Escort Inc.