Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > MAX 360c

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 25th, 2020
Giterdun Giterdun is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Default Reported - with beep

I just drove 1800 miles with my 360C detector and I must have had a thousand annoying "Reported" messages with a Beep. I could find no way to turn this off in the detector nor in the escort app. This all started I believe with the last update. Can anyone tell me how to shut this nuisance off, other than simply not using the detector at all??? Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 27th, 2020
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giterdun View Post
I just drove 1800 miles with my 360C detector and I must have had a thousand annoying "Reported" messages with a Beep. I could find no way to turn this off in the detector nor in the escort app. This all started I believe with the last update. Can anyone tell me how to shut this nuisance off, other than simply not using the detector at all??? Any help is appreciated.
Make sure there isn't anything getting against your mute button. If this is happening it can make your detector report to Escort Live. If you press and hold mute it manually reports police spotted. Also make sure the button isn't sticking somehow. If this continues to be an issue I'd recommend trying a different cord.
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline EX
Max360c with wifi
M1 Dash cam with both detectors
Escort Live
ZR5 Shifters
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Giterdun Giterdun is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Default

I'm pretty sure nothing is touching the Mute button.. It's mounted on the windshield, and the cable comes down along the right side of the unit to the plug.. I'll double check the buttons for stickiness next time I drive.. Also, I normally keep it on Auto mode if that makes any difference, and on that drive it was happening every few minutes in the middle of nowhere on the interstate. one question.. could the button on the actual plug cause this? It used to click when I first got it, but now it doesn't, yet it still works..

Last edited by Giterdun; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giterdun View Post
I'm pretty sure nothing is touching the Mute button.. It's mounted on the windshield, and the cable comes down along the right side of the unit to the plug.. I'll double check the buttons for stickiness next time I drive.. Also, I normally keep it on Auto mode if that makes any difference, and on that drive it was happening every few minutes in the middle of nowhere on the interstate. one question.. could the button on the actual plug cause this? It used to click when I first got it, but now it doesn't, yet it still works..
Yes . Thats what I was wondering. The mute button on your plug could be sticking
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline EX
Max360c with wifi
M1 Dash cam with both detectors
Escort Live
ZR5 Shifters
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Week Ago
Giterdun Giterdun is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc0rtFan View Post
Yes . Thats what I was wondering. The mute button on your plug could be sticking
The button doesn't even noticably move anymore. The button contact is still open but I think it is intermittently closing when I'm driving, so I'm sure that is the cause of this issue.. so it looks like I will have to get a replacement Smartcord.. I bought the Max 360C in Phoenix,AZ, but I live in Canada and the Canadian escortradar site doesn't even show this particular Smartcord with the USB.. and the US site doesn't ship to Canada, so I guess I will have to wait until I get back down there again to order a replacement.. ;(
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Week Ago
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giterdun View Post
The button doesn't even noticably move anymore. The button contact is still open but I think it is intermittently closing when I'm driving, so I'm sure that is the cause of this issue.. so it looks like I will have to get a replacement Smartcord.. I bought the Max 360C in Phoenix,AZ, but I live in Canada and the Canadian escortradar site doesn't even show this particular Smartcord with the USB.. and the US site doesn't ship to Canada, so I guess I will have to wait until I get back down there again to order a replacement.. ;(
Have you tried calling in to the canadian dealer?
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline EX
Max360c with wifi
M1 Dash cam with both detectors
Escort Live
ZR5 Shifters
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1 Week Ago
Giterdun Giterdun is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc0rtFan View Post
Have you tried calling in to the canadian dealer?
No.. I just went to their website and looked around.. You can't even place an order their website anyways. I have the cord from my old 8500 X50 that should work ok with the 360C for the time being until I get down south again and I'll order one then. I only just remembered I had that today..lol. I haven't actually gone out for a drive with it yet, but it powers up fine so I'm sure it will be ok..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 1 Week Ago
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 672
Default

Yes it will work just fine. Unless you need the USB plug you really are fine using that permanently if you wish.
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline EX
Max360c with wifi
M1 Dash cam with both detectors
Escort Live
ZR5 Shifters
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.