Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > MAX II and MAX

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 11th, 2018
Darwin329 Darwin329 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default My new Max 2

Hi everyone i just bought my new escort max 2. I already registered the unit.
Currently running version1. Is there latest update for this model? I tried to update it on my computer nothing happens. Appreciate comments. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 11th, 2018
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 6,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin329 View Post
Hi everyone i just bought my new escort max 2. I already registered the unit.
Currently running version1. Is there latest update for this model? I tried to update it on my computer nothing happens. Appreciate comments. Thanks
More details would be helpful, Darwin329. AFAIK, no currently-shipping Max 2 has ever used a firmware version v1. What have you already tried to do?

If you have downloaded Detector Tools here, use a USB data cable to connect your detector to your computer. When you use DT, it will determine if you have the latest firmware. Say more.
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Max 360c, Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
LIDAR Defense: Escort LSP + Veil G4
Phone: Apple iPhone 6s (128 GB) + AT&T
CB: Midland 75-822
HAM: Yaesu FT-7900R, Baofeng UV-5R, UV-3R
Scanner: GRE PSR-500 (Triple-trunking)
GPS: iPhone 6s with GPS Plus and Waze
Dashcam: Thinkware F750 (backup: DOD LS430W)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 12th, 2018
Darwin329 Darwin329 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBNTX View Post
More details would be helpful, Darwin329. AFAIK, no currently-shipping Max 2 has ever used a firmware version v1. What have you already tried to do?

If you have downloaded Detector Tools here, use a USB data cable to connect your detector to your computer. When you use DT, it will determine if you have the latest firmware. Say more.

Hi i downloaded the DT on windows and mac but when I try to update it using the usb cable it always say ERROR updating your passport max II update failed
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 12th, 2018
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin329 View Post
Hi everyone i just bought my new escort max 2. I already registered the unit.
Currently running version1. Is there latest update for this model? I tried to update it on my computer nothing happens. Appreciate comments. Thanks
Should be a good unit for you. That said the Max and MaxII have both been discontinued so maybe you found new old stock. There is an update in the works to fix some issues and improve K band falsing from new cars. It has been promised for months on end now so I hope its sooner then later. Lets go Escort get it done already.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 22nd, 2018
Darwin329 Darwin329 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher318 View Post
Should be a good unit for you. That said the Max and MaxII have both been discontinued so maybe you found new old stock. There is an update in the works to fix some issues and improve K band falsing from new cars. It has been promised for months on end now so I hope its sooner then later. Lets go Escort get it done already.
Hi Thanks for the reply. Yeah i also noticed that. Lot of k band alerts. Are you also version 1 ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 22nd, 2018
ganachain ganachain is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Default

From post a few down from yours from the official Escort rep...
TL/DR;
If you buy a new Max with SN starting with 97, the firmware version will be 1.0 as it has newer bluetooth and that's the current version.

"This is a MAX II with BLE technology which has a serial number beginning with "97". Your MAX II is up to date.

BLE means Bluetooth Low Energy, aka Bluetooth Smart. This is a newer bluetooth technology than the original MAX 2/II uses. There are no feature or performance differences between them. The new MAX II with BLE will have different firmware version numbers than the original MAX 2/II. The new MAX II with BLE is starting off at 1.0 where the original MAX 2/II is at 1.7.

NOTE that there is one important difference between them, pairing bluetooth to iPhone. The MAX II with BLE (serial number 97) pairs to iPhone through Escort Live's Devices menu. This is explained in the included Quick Reference Guide. The original MAX 2/II pairs through the bluetooth menu on the iPhone. There is no pairing difference on Android devices."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.