Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > RedLine EX

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old January 10th, 2018
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelsCortFan View Post
If you'll notice in the video you posted, OpenRoad made multiple runs with each detector running separately. He did not run them at the same time. This is RD testing 101. RD testing 102 says that every encounter is different as your own video illustrates.

If you really want to test the units, get a gun, run them separately several times to get an average and that should give you a baseline as to their performance. Sometimes the EX will beat the Max 360 and sometimes the Max360 will better the EX. Typically, the M3 based units are better both on and off axis than the Max units. Our testing however, shows that the EX and Max360 are pretty on par. Score yourself a Redline original , seg it and turn RDR off and I believe you'll see a big difference.
I watched the last video he posted, you could clearly hear both detectors talking at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 11th, 2018
BelsCortFan's Avatar
BelsCortFan BelsCortFan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: IN the Back of your Mind
Posts: 1,647
Default

Then RD101 says there's interference , most likely as Kasher stated , the EX being interfered by the Max. The Max can literally put the EX to sleep.
__________________
Stir-O >Redline-O>RX65 S7>Redline EX =Max 360
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 12th, 2018
Twilighthan Twilighthan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelsCortFan View Post
If you'll notice in the video you posted, OpenRoad made multiple runs with each detector running separately. He did not run them at the same time. This is RD testing 101. RD testing 102 says that every encounter is different as your own video illustrates.

If you really want to test the units, get a gun, run them separately several times to get an average and that should give you a baseline as to their performance. Sometimes the EX will beat the Max 360 and sometimes the Max360 will better the EX. Typically, the M3 based units are better both on and off axis than the Max units. Our testing however, shows that the EX and Max360 are pretty on par. Score yourself a Redline original , seg it and turn RDR off and I believe you'll see a big difference.
Thanks BelsCortFan

I bought the EX because it was perceived to have longer range. Iíve had two this week runs where an officer had pulled someone over but third pass where I turned both on, he had left. Iím was trying to get a real world three pass opportunity to see how the detectors behaved while they were both on but thatís not so important right now.

In this test, both were fairly the same on each pass (only one was on each time) so Iím disappointed how on the straightest of roads, the performance is the same. Both around 2200 feet out. This is with the EX set,ended to 2,4,5,6,8 and no RDR but TSR on.

I donít care about an interference test so much but this test shows the range is very limited yet again and that both detectors are at par. Hopefully off axis Is better with the EX. I am receiving a R3 today to check that out for a while.

I Canít be more happy with Escort live on roads well traveled. I need range for the roads not so well traveled.

Hopefully companies can take real world experience feedback and requirements and make their products better.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 12th, 2018
Twilighthan Twilighthan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher318 View Post
I watched the last video he posted, you could clearly hear both detectors talking at the same time.
My video I posted had both on only. The other video I posted seemed to have on detector on for each pass.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 12th, 2018
Twilighthan Twilighthan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBNTX View Post
Kindly direct me to that post, Twilighthan. I stand by my comments. Running two detectors side-by-side at that same time absolutely results in interference. This is a matter of fact. It's been stated here and elsewhere, repeatedly.

From what I understand, even the Redlines emit RF signals, too, but the signals have been reduced so significantly that RDDs cannot detect them at a distance. If a Redline was positioned in close proximity to an RDD, however, I understand that the Redline would trigger the RDD, and this is the basis of my consideration.

Your testing IS invalid, not only because of this by itself, but also because the Max 360 is sending RF signals that interfere.


Here you go for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscortRadar View Post
RedLine's do not emit radar-like signals so they should not interfere with each other.

It sounds like there may be an issue with your RedLine EX JC. If you would like to have it serviced or replaced then please contact our customer service department at the number in my signature below.
http://escortradarforum.com/forums/s...line+interfere
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 13th, 2018
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,791
Default

Only detectors using our patented TotalShield technology do not emit radar-like emissions which affect other nearby detectors. These are: RedLine/EX, Passport 9500ci, MAX Ci/360, and Beltronics STi detectors.

RedLine/RedLine EX do not emit but MAX 360 does so the RedLine/RedLine EX will be adversely affected by the MAX 360 where the MAX 360 will not be. These detectors should not be used together. The RedLine/EX may also totally miss alerts with an emitting detector operating in the same car with it.

Many encounters are going to be environmentally limited, where the environment limits detection distance. In these encounters, most detectors of similar performance are going to detect similarly. For instance, I have regularly used RedLine EX and MAX Ci at the same time and noticed them detecting comparably more often than not. Neither of these detectors emit so there is no concern about interference between them. In some situations MAX Ci absolutely blows away the EX (as it should, MAX Ci is the most sensitive detector ever made) but this does not happen regularly. This is because the environment is blocking the signal until the point where both detectors can see it.

MAX 360 is a great performing detector. Do not expect a RedLine/EX to perform much better than it in most situations.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 14th, 2018
ThomThom ThomThom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Accokeek, MD
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscortRadar View Post


Many encounters are going to be environmentally limited, where the environment limits detection distance. In these encounters, most detectors of similar performance are going to detect similarly. For instance, I have regularly used RedLine EX and MAX Ci at the same time and noticed them detecting comparably more often than not. Neither of these detectors emit so there is no concern about interference between them. In some situations MAX Ci absolutely blows away the EX (as it should, MAX Ci is the most sensitive detector ever made) but this does not happen regularly. This is because the environment is blocking the signal until the point where both detectors can see it.
I see both a MAX Ci and a MAX Ci 360 listed on the website. But the advertisements for each appear to be identical. What is the difference between these two units?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old January 14th, 2018
marinerjoe marinerjoe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
I see both a MAX Ci and a MAX Ci 360 listed on the website. But the advertisements for each appear to be identical. What is the difference between these two units?
The 360 has both front and rear sensors and shifters.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old January 15th, 2018
Twilighthan Twilighthan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscortRadar View Post
Only detectors using our patented TotalShield technology do not emit radar-like emissions which affect other nearby detectors. These are: RedLine/EX, Passport 9500ci, MAX Ci/360, and Beltronics STi detectors.

RedLine/RedLine EX do not emit but MAX 360 does so the RedLine/RedLine EX will be adversely affected by the MAX 360 where the MAX 360 will not be. These detectors should not be used together. The RedLine/EX may also totally miss alerts with an emitting detector operating in the same car with it.

Many encounters are going to be environmentally limited, where the environment limits detection distance. In these encounters, most detectors of similar performance are going to detect similarly. For instance, I have regularly used RedLine EX and MAX Ci at the same time and noticed them detecting comparably more often than not. Neither of these detectors emit so there is no concern about interference between them. In some situations MAX Ci absolutely blows away the EX (as it should, MAX Ci is the most sensitive detector ever made) but this does not happen regularly. This is because the environment is blocking the signal until the point where both detectors can see it.

MAX 360 is a great performing detector. Do not expect a RedLine/EX to perform much better than it in most situations.
Such great information. Thank you for the input.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 Escort Inc.