Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > MAX 360c

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old September 12th, 2018
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,427
Default

MRCD is only used in certain speed cameras which are used outside of the US. It is not radar that is mounted in police cars.

Do you have all bands enabled on your MAX 360 (the factory default setting)?

If you think your MAX 360 is not detecting radar, please contact our service department at the number in my signature below.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 12th, 2018
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinex View Post
I went past unmarked car I could see the radar on the dash. Now I'm going about 65-70 mph so I cant give you a good description of the radar unit it self. After passing this unmarked car I'm in the right lane going about 70 this BMW passes me. In about 5 minutes that same unmarked car blows by me and a few miles later he's got that BMW puled over.
All this and my MAX 360c did not beep once. I did get Escort Live warnings so it's important to pay attention to them.
That does not sound at all like MRCD. You must have an issue or setting off on your 360.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old September 19th, 2018
prizrak prizrak is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Second that, MRCD is only for cameras, (C stands for Camera) officer might not have been running radar at all it's not exactly difficult to tell if a car is going 20 over the limit and they will then pace the vehicle in question.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old November 11th, 2018
daves2015ChevVolt daves2015ChevVolt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinex View Post
I went past unmarked car I could see the radar on the dash. Now I'm going about 65-70 mph so I cant give you a good description of the radar unit it self. After passing this unmarked car I'm in the right lane going about 70 this BMW passes me. In about 5 minutes that same unmarked car blows by me and a few miles later he's got that BMW puled over.
All this and my MAX 360c did not beep once. I did get Escort Live warnings so it's important to pay attention to them.
I had similar situations in southern PA (Gettysburg area) and in Maryland. I commute from PA to Rockville, MD everyday and have limited detection from my Max360. State Troopers and the Sheriffs use Ka, and the Max alerts to those like a champ! But local Carroll Valley (Fairfield), PA police are using something different. I drive past the speed trap often, I can see the officer looking at something giving speed readouts, but the Max360 doesn't alert to X, K, Ka or Lazer. So I'm assuming that they are using some kind of MRCD/MRCT technology. I watched a video from vortexradar on youtube, where mobile units in Canada were using MRCD/MRCT technology so maybe the local police in PA and MD are using something similar?

While doing more research I came across this news article from May 2018 https://wjactv.com/news/top-stories/...-pa-radar-laws and then looked up the House Bill #43 https://openstates.org/pa/bills/2017...HB43/#billtext which doesn't look like it has been signed into law yet. HB 43 is to allow local police to use radar to detect speed, so maybe my local LEOs are just playing on their cell phone and not running radar, but just pretending to use radar to deter speeding?

Last edited by daves2015ChevVolt; November 11th, 2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: News article and HB info.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old November 11th, 2018
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves2015ChevVolt View Post
I had similar situations in southern PA (Gettysburg area) and in Maryland. I commute from PA to Rockville, MD everyday and have limited detection from my Max360. State Troopers and the Sheriffs use Ka, and the Max alerts to those like a champ! But local Carroll Valley (Fairfield), PA police are using something different. I drive past the speed trap often, I can see the officer looking at something giving speed readouts, but the Max360 doesn't alert to X, K, Ka or Lazer. So I'm assuming that they are using some kind of MRCD/MRCT technology. I watched a video from vortexradar on youtube, where mobile units in Canada were using MRCD/MRCT technology so maybe the local police in PA and MD are using something similar?

While doing more research I came across this news article from May 2018 https://wjactv.com/news/top-stories/...-pa-radar-laws and then looked up the House Bill #43 https://openstates.org/pa/bills/2017...HB43/#billtext which doesn't look like it has been signed into law yet. HB 43 is to allow local police to use radar to detect speed, so maybe my local LEOs are just playing on their cell phone and not running radar, but just pretending to use radar to deter speeding?
Right now it's my understanding that in Pennsylvania only the state police are allowed to run radar and it must be K band. Maybe the city officer you saw was using VASCAR.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old November 11th, 2018
daves2015ChevVolt daves2015ChevVolt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher318 View Post
Right now it's my understanding that in Pennsylvania only the state police are allowed to run radar and it must be K band. Maybe the city officer you saw was using VASCAR.
I think you're right. After reading this article, https://www.times-news.com/news/on-t...41423c6de.html , VASCAR looks like what my local LEOs are doing.

I still wonder if Maryland LEOs on Interstate-15, I70 and I270 are using some form of mobile MRCD/MRCT.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.