Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > Passport 9500ix, S75G

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 7th, 2020
hari2m hari2m is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 2
Default 9500iX bluetooth not working

I have bought my 9500ix in 2017 and ever since I am not able to get the bluetooth working or not been able to connect it to escort live. I tried updating the software version recently and still no use. Please help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old July 7th, 2020
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 1,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari2m View Post
I have bought my 9500ix in 2017 and ever since I am not able to get the bluetooth working or not been able to connect it to escort live. I tried updating the software version recently and still no use. Please help.
Do you have the Escort Live special cord? Without the Live cord the 9500ix will not work. This was before Bluetooth chips were in the detectors themselves.

The old 9500ix was a great unit but now may be the time to look into an upgrade.
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline 360c
M1 Dash cam
Escort Live
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you need immediate help please contact Escort Customer service by calling 1-800-543-1608, option 2. , M-F 9:00AM-5:30PM EST..
------------------------------------------------------------
To contact an Official Escort Representative/Forum Admin please use this link below.

http://escortradarforum.com/forums/sendmessage.php
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 7th, 2020
hari2m hari2m is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc0rtFan View Post
Do you have the Escort Live special cord? Without the Live cord the 9500ix will not work. This was before Bluetooth chips were in the detectors themselves.

The old 9500ix was a great unit but now may be the time to look into an upgrade.
What is the special cord. But the device has a bluetooth mark (on the power adapter that goes into the cigarette lighter plug) on it. Do I still need to get a special cord with bluetooth on it. I am able to find the smart cord live device when scanning from phone, but the app never detects it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 8th, 2020
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 1,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari2m View Post
What is the special cord. But the device has a bluetooth mark (on the power adapter that goes into the cigarette lighter plug) on it. Do I still need to get a special cord with bluetooth on it. I am able to find the smart cord live device when scanning from phone, but the app never detects it.
Ok good it seems you do have the live cord.

Unfortunately this is such a dated product at this time I couldn’t say for sure if it will even work with the updated Live app since I’m sure the app now isn’t written to support the old cords from back then. Not saying it won’t support it. Simply
Saying that the app isn’t specifically being developed with the old cords in mind. So I can’t say for sure and I don’t own any of the old detectors or cords to test. I’m sorry.

Call the number in my signature below tomorrow. Do the call back option. It seems to be more successful. And ask them to assist you.

Good luck!!!
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline 360c
M1 Dash cam
Escort Live
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you need immediate help please contact Escort Customer service by calling 1-800-543-1608, option 2. , M-F 9:00AM-5:30PM EST..
------------------------------------------------------------
To contact an Official Escort Representative/Forum Admin please use this link below.

http://escortradarforum.com/forums/sendmessage.php
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 8th, 2020
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 6,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc0rtFan View Post
Ok good it seems you do have the live cord.

Unfortunately this is such a dated product at this time I couldnít say for sure if it will even work with the updated Live app since Iím sure the app now isnít written to support the old cords from back then. Not saying it wonít support it. Simply
Saying that the app isnít specifically being developed with the old cords in mind. So I canít say for sure and I donít own any of the old detectors or cords to test. Iím sorry.

Call the number in my signature below tomorrow. Do the call back option. It seems to be more successful. And ask them to assist you.

Good luck!!!
I have a 9500ix with the original EL Smartcord (iOS version), but I haven't tried using it for a long time. Initially, Escort had two versions, one for
Android, and one for iOS. Eventually, Escort introduced a unified-platform EL Smartcord, and it can be found here.

I'll break-out my 9500ix and EL Smartcord and see what happens with the app on my iPhone.
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Max 360c, Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
Dashcam: Escort M1 and Thinkware F750

-------------------------------------
Moderators here are not Escort employees.
If you need immediate help, please call Escort Radar customer service at 1-800-543-1608, option 2, available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri.
-------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 8th, 2020
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 1,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBNTX View Post
I have a 9500ix with the original EL Smartcord (iOS version), but I haven't tried using it for a long time. Initially, Escort had two versions, one for
Android, and one for iOS. Eventually, Escort introduced a unified-platform EL Smartcord, and it can be found here.

I'll break-out my 9500ix and EL Smartcord and see what happens with the app on my iPhone.
Awesome !! That will be very helpful TBNTX. Thank you.
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline 360c
M1 Dash cam
Escort Live
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you need immediate help please contact Escort Customer service by calling 1-800-543-1608, option 2. , M-F 9:00AM-5:30PM EST..
------------------------------------------------------------
To contact an Official Escort Representative/Forum Admin please use this link below.

http://escortradarforum.com/forums/sendmessage.php
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
9500ix, bluetooth

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 Escort Inc.