Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > General > General Detector

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
0nRay 0nRay is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc0rtFan View Post
If you have K on then it overrides the segments. But I do notice you have segment 1 turned off??? It’s entirely possible that is why your EX is missing the alerts.

Also the EX even though it is analogue is slightly more sensitive than the digital units in my humble opinion. It’s going to be very close however the off axis (detection off to the sides) will most likely do a little better with the EX due to the design of the radar antenna. It is a dual antenna and is designed in such a way that the these types of antennas especially when coupled with certain types of Low Noise Amplifiers will be very sensitive to off axis. It’s not entirely needed for off axis since a Cop can’t take your speed accurately at off axis BUT it can still be nice to have. The original Redline was even better at this in certain situation due to its lack of any filtering but it’s mostly Obsolete in today’s driving environment unless you drive on long desert roads with zero traffic. Lol

The digital units are much faster in scanning and have more updated capabilities to filter unwanted noise.
Oh? I have all K band segments turned on. I do have Ka 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, and 10 turned off as according to Vortex radar that enables my detector to scan faster and police only use those frequencies. Is this wrong information? FYI I had all bands enabled and even turned on all segments of Ka when I shot the video of my detector malfunctioning. My EX wasn't just missing alerts, it didn't go off for almost a month �� and when the speed sign was installed near my home I really knew something was up and that when I talked to my bro who said his detector was alerting to the speed sign. I had my settings set to default (everything on) in my without another detector present and still nothing.

Here's my source of info regarding how I set up my EX. Please tell me if this is incorrect.

Moderator: Removed link to competitor site not permitted on this forum.
__________________
1. Redline EX
2. Escort Live
3. Waze

Last edited by Esc0rtFan; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
0nRay 0nRay is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmon View Post
1. Extreme range was more the case for the old RedLine vs newer EX which has more filters (but not as many as the 360/360c).



2. Also, it's possible the 360 update may not have completed correctly even though it reports the latest firmware. I had this happen to my MAX which got more falses after the update. The only way to tell is to re-update it using the "Update All Software" command in Detector Tools and not DT's Green Software Update button that shows on DT's Main Tab.
FYI I tried your method of using the "update all software" button and it seems to have quieted his detector down quite a bit so thank-you 👍 however I think my EX was still quieter (marginally) in Auto compared the the 360.
__________________
1. Redline EX
2. Escort Live
3. Waze
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nRay View Post
Oh? I have all K band segments turned on. I do have Ka 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, and 10 turned off as according to Vortex radar that enables my detector to scan faster and police only use those frequencies. Is this wrong information? FYI I had all bands enabled and even turned on all segments of Ka when I shot the video of my detector malfunctioning. My EX wasn't just missing alerts, it didn't go off for almost a month �� and when the speed sign was installed near my home I really knew something was up and that when I talked to my bro who said his detector was alerting to the speed sign. I had my settings set to default (everything on) in my without another detector present and still nothing.

Here's my source of info regarding how I set up my EX. Please tell me if this is incorrect.

Moderator: Removed link to competitor site not permitted on this forum.
No that is correct. If you segment KA Band 2,5,8 segments on and RDR off your KA band detection will be optimal at these settings. Keep in mind a slight risk of an out of tune police gun. Though rare it does happen on occasion.

K Band is not affected with these settings.

Send your EX in to be repaired.
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline EX
Max360c with wifi
M1 Dash cam with both detectors
Escort Live
ZR5 Shifters
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
0nRay 0nRay is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc0rtFan View Post
No that is correct. If you segment KA Band 2,5,8 segments on and RDR off your KA band detection will be optimal at these settings. Keep in mind a slight risk of an out of tune police gun. Though rare it does happen on occasion.

K Band is not affected with these settings.

Send your EX in to be repaired.
Ahh all good
__________________
1. Redline EX
2. Escort Live
3. Waze
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nRay View Post
Ahh all good
Send you unit in and get it going again so you can enjoy it!
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline EX
Max360c with wifi
M1 Dash cam with both detectors
Escort Live
ZR5 Shifters
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
0nRay 0nRay is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 106
Default

Sorry I must have forgotten to mention that I already sent it in. Checked my tracking number, Escort received it yesterday so hopefully in a couple weeks I'll have my detector back!
__________________
1. Redline EX
2. Escort Live
3. Waze
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nRay View Post
Sorry I must have forgotten to mention that I already sent it in. Checked my tracking number, Escort received it yesterday so hopefully in a couple weeks I'll have my detector back!
Excellent! Let us know when you get it back. I LOVE my Redline EX, and my 360c also.
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline EX
Max360c with wifi
M1 Dash cam with both detectors
Escort Live
ZR5 Shifters
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 5 Days Ago
0nRay 0nRay is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc0rtFan View Post
Excellent! Let us know when you get it back. I LOVE my Redline EX, and my 360c also.
Got my EX back three or four days ago. They ended up replacing all the electronic gubbins in the detector.

So far I've picked up a couple of MRCD photo radar trucks as well as a LEO running 35.5 so everything seems to be working as it should! I will say in my case, my EX is definitely less chatty than my brothers Max 360. I can partially attribute that to the fact that the EX only has front facing radar sensors as opposed to the 360s front and rear sensors. However I've been driving in very heavy traffic the last 3-4 days, and I've only had maybe 1 or 2 false k band alerts from someone's Blindspot monitoring. Prior to my EX failing the old electronics were equally as good as my replacements at rejecting false's

Anecdotally my EX seems to have better false rejection then my brother's 360 even after I performed the "update all software" function on the 360. I used to own a 360 as well but never found the arrows that useful in my case, for me the best detector for my use case is definitely the EX. Very happy to have it back working again.
__________________
1. Redline EX
2. Escort Live
3. Waze
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.