Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > Detector Tools & Detector Tools Pro

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 1 Week Ago
depth10 depth10 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default Updating Max II

I have two Max II units. Both were at 1.7. I am using the new DT 2.3.3.24.

1. I plugged in the first unit, it recognized it and I could see the S/N in the top right was GREEN. I clicked the large Update button, it updated and I powered it on and confirmed 1.9. I then plugged back in to computer and clicked Merge Data and it merged successfully.

2. I then plugged the SECOND unit in, and immediately noticed the S/N in the top right was RED (not GREEN like the other). I proceeded to update and it updated fine with 1.9. I powered it up and confirmed. I plugged it back into the computer but the Merge Data button is grayed out? Does that have something to do with the RED S/N?

I have an active Active Defender subscription. Maybe it's not registered?

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1 Week Ago
poolmon poolmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,514
Default

You need a separate paid Defender subscription for each serial number.
Do you have two registered active subscriptions? If not, this could be the cause.
Each one should have come with a 90 day free Defender subscription when new, but separate payment for each one is required afterwards.

Last edited by poolmon; 1 Week Ago at 02:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1 Week Ago
depth10 depth10 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmon View Post
You need a separate paid Defender subscription for each serial number.
Do you have two registered active subscriptions? If not, this could be the cause.
Each one should have come with a 90 day free Defender subscription when new, but payment for each one is required afterwards.
I purchased them a couple years ago, so definitely not on the free trial. However, is the subscription that you speak of the same as "Escort Live" subscription that you can buy in the App Store for $49.99/year? Or is it a different subscription?

Trying to figure out what active subscriptions I have
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1 Week Ago
poolmon poolmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depth10 View Post
I purchased them a couple years ago, so definitely not on the free trial. However, is the subscription that you speak of the same as "Escort Live" subscription that you can buy in the App Store for $49.99/year? Or is it a different subscription?

Trying to figure out what active subscriptions I have
Defender is a separate subscription.

I don't use Escort Live (EL) but my understanding is that there is no charge for its free/basic version. See link below for an excellent clarification of the EL free/basic version vs paid/premium version.
If you do use either of EL versions, the current Defender database is available to your detector through it as long as you are actively connected to EL

So you need not pay for Defender unless you want to keep a current copy of it on your detector (in case you do not want to use EL or you want to use you detector on a standalone basis). The existing Defender that resides on your detector will not be updated through EL (free or premium version) as you only have temporary access to it while connected to EL. Whatever version of Defender that is on your detector can only be updated using a separate paid Defender subscription.

EL Free vs Paid Versions Clarified
http://www.escortradarforum.com/foru...ead.php?t=9989

Last edited by poolmon; 1 Week Ago at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Week Ago
depth10 depth10 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks for the great explanation!

I assume after purchasing either the 1-year or 3-year NA Subscription on Escort's site, the next step is to go to Activate My Subscription and link my SN with the DB Code?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Week Ago
poolmon poolmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depth10 View Post
Thanks for the great explanation!

I assume after purchasing either the 1-year or 3-year NA Subscription on Escort's site, the next step is to go to Activate My Subscription and link my SN with the DB Code?
Exactly.
When Defender is purchased it you will get a Defender code and you register that code along with the detector's serial number you want linked to it.

Below is the Defender registration link with instructions.
https://www.escortradar.com/pages/detector-tools
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1 Week Ago
depth10 depth10 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmon View Post
Exactly.
When Defender is purchased it you will get a Defender code and you register that code along with the detector's serial number you want linked to it.

Below is the Defender registration link with instructions.
https://www.escortradar.com/pages/detector-tools
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.