Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > General > General Detector

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old August 19th, 2014
BelsCortFan's Avatar
BelsCortFan BelsCortFan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: IN the Back of your Mind
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero187 View Post
Was KA Guard on or off for these V1 tests?

I hear KA Guard off with tight sweeps greatly increases the range for the V1 detection and the falses aren't too bad like before custom sweeping.
If it was swept, Ka Guard would have to be OFF..............
__________________
Stir-O >Redline-O>RX65 S7>Redline EX =Max 360
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old August 19th, 2014
Zero187 Zero187 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelsCortFan View Post
If it was swept, Ka Guard would have to be OFF..............
Didn't know that. Thought it was possible to use custom sweeps while leaving Ka Guard on. Thanks for the clarification!
__________________
Current Detector: V1C 3.894

Desired Detector: Escort Redline with arrows.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old March 6th, 2015
stevenpetty's Avatar
stevenpetty stevenpetty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 76
Default

Thanks guys for the testing and recording it. I know it's been a couple of years but it's still good to know and to see. I've spent hours and days and days and hours doing research on radar detectors. It's reviews like yours that convinced me to buy the Redline. I actually ordered the new Passport because of the price and got it about a week ago. I kept reading and reading and before you know it, I was boxing it back up and sending back to Amazon. I ordered the Redline the other day and hopefully will be here by Monday!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old March 7th, 2015
V0rtex V0rtex is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenpetty View Post
Thanks guys for the testing and recording it. I know it's been a couple of years but it's still good to know and to see. I've spent hours and days and days and hours doing research on radar detectors. It's reviews like yours that convinced me to buy the Redline. I actually ordered the new Passport because of the price and got it about a week ago. I kept reading and reading and before you know it, I was boxing it back up and sending back to Amazon. I ordered the Redline the other day and hopefully will be here by Monday!
You picked out a beast of a RD!

The Redline consistently trumps the other RD's on the market when it comes to all out sensitivity and range.

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old March 11th, 2015
stevenpetty's Avatar
stevenpetty stevenpetty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 76
Talking

I haven't had a chance to get the Redline out on the highway yet but so far, here in town, it's quieter than the new Passport that I sent back. I've drove all over town several times trying to pick up false alerts and so far I've only picked up one. And that's a KA 33.7 alert that something near my job is broadcasting. I hope in the future they update Escort Live so we can lock out false KA signals. Can't complain about those results though, it's awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old March 20th, 2015
stevenpetty's Avatar
stevenpetty stevenpetty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenpetty View Post
I haven't had a chance to get the Redline out on the highway yet but so far, here in town, it's quieter than the new Passport that I sent back. I've drove all over town several times trying to pick up false alerts and so far I've only picked up one. And that's a KA 33.7 alert that something near my job is broadcasting. I hope in the future they update Escort Live so we can lock out false KA signals. Can't complain about those results though, it's awesome!
Update: It's been an awesome detector so far! I have no complaints with it. I do have an issue with EL not retaining my K band lock outs. Every day that I drive by a corner with a grocery store on one side and a CVS on the other side, I get false K alerts. I've hit lockout within the app and it says it's locked out but the next time I drive by, same alert. So it's not retaining them. If EL won't retain the lockouts, then I have no use for it, as Waze is what I run on top of it anyway.

On the highway, I've noticed KA alerts as far as 4 miles off, so I'm really happy with that. I can't believe how quiet it is around town either.

Last edited by stevenpetty; March 20th, 2015 at 04:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old March 20th, 2015
tx_medic tx_medic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenpetty View Post
Update: It's been an awesome detector so far! I have no complaints with it. I do have an issue with EL not retaining my K band lock outs. Every day that I drive by a corner with a grocery store on one side and a CVS on the other side, I get false K alerts. I've hit lockout within the app and it says it's locked out but the next time I drive by, same alert. So it's not retaining them. If EL won't retain the lockouts, then I have no use for it, as Waze is what I run on top of it anyway.

On the highway, I've noticed KA alerts as far as 4 miles off, so I'm really happy with that. I can't believe how quiet it is around town either.
Are you running in auto or highway? I've always kept mine in Highway and I live in Houston. I finally got fed up with the falses and bought a Max 2 this week which has been a super silent detector.

Then I came to the bright idea of buying a new EL cable since I went from Android to iPhone and running it in auto. I just bought the new cord a few hours ago so I'm experimenting with my Redline.

It's been KILLER on the highway, just always chatty around Houston.
__________________
Chase

Redline with EL
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old March 20th, 2015
stevenpetty's Avatar
stevenpetty stevenpetty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_medic View Post
Are you running in auto or highway? I've always kept mine in Highway and I live in Houston. I finally got fed up with the falses and bought a Max 2 this week which has been a super silent detector.

Then I came to the bright idea of buying a new EL cable since I went from Android to iPhone and running it in auto. I just bought the new cord a few hours ago so I'm experimenting with my Redline.

It's been KILLER on the highway, just always chatty around Houston.
I run auto no X in town and highway on the highway. Here are my settings:

Highway mode (Auto NoX - in town)
X off
K on
KaSW off
Segments on: 2, 5, 8
POP off
SWS off
Laser on
TSR on
RDR off
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.