Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > RedLine EX

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 30th, 2018
mjrdoc's Avatar
mjrdoc mjrdoc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 20
Default Escort live subscription fiasco

My Escort Live subscription was valid through June 2021 as of two days ago.
As of yesterday and today the app says it has expired.
Beside the fact that my Escort Redline EX was purchased recently and therefore I am entitled to a subscription, I would like to point out that I have been a loyal customer for over 40 years; since the days of Cincinnati Microwave. I have literally spent tens of thousands of dollars throughout the years on your products exclusively; a fact that I can verify for you if you wish.
Please donít nickel and dime me at this point and reactivate my subscription!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 30th, 2018
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 6,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrdoc View Post
My Escort Live subscription was valid through June 2021 as of two days ago.
As of yesterday and today the app says it has expired.
Beside the fact that my Escort Redline EX was purchased recently and therefore I am entitled to a subscription, I would like to point out that I have been a loyal customer for over 40 years; since the days of Cincinnati Microwave. I have literally spent tens of thousands of dollars throughout the years on your products exclusively; a fact that I can verify for you if you wish.
Please don’t nickel and dime me at this point and reactivate my subscription!!
My subscription to Escort Live reports that it is valid thru June 28, 2020. I don't think that Escort is nickel-and-diming you. Sounds to me that you aren't signed into your Escort Live account in the app.

Launch the EL app and sign in using the same credentials that you used to register your detector.
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Max 360c, Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
LIDAR Defense: Escort LSP + Veil G4
Phone: Apple iPhone 6s (128 GB) + AT&T
CB: Midland 75-822
HAM: Yaesu FT-7900R, Baofeng UV-5R, UV-3R
Scanner: GRE PSR-500 (Triple-trunking)
GPS: iPhone 6s with GPS Plus and Waze
Dashcam: Escort M1 and Thinkware F750
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 30th, 2018
cuznjohn cuznjohn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 36
Default never said anything

when i was having so many problems, i tried my iPad mini in the car with the IXc that i have. as i signed in, it said that i needed a subscription upgrade. my original subscription expires in 2019. i thought being it was a different unit i was using, and not my android phone, i just bought a new subscription because i really wanted to try the IXc, and see if it would work. so i just never said i had to buy another subscription.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 30th, 2018
mjrdoc's Avatar
mjrdoc mjrdoc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 20
Default

The subscription has been renewed.
Thank you.
Happy New Year to all!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 9th, 2019
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrdoc View Post
The subscription has been renewed.
Thank you.
Happy New Year to all!
Dude it never expired.......glad your good now but be for real before you dog Escort out just saying. Another case of operator error with someone talking crap here on the forum.
.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 9th, 2019
moocow moocow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 15
Default

So now Iím confused.. so does the subscription expire? Because mine is now saying itís expired?? Iíve logged out and back in and itís still saying expired?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 9th, 2019
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 6,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
So now Iím confused.. so does the subscription expire? Because mine is now saying itís expired?? Iíve logged out and back in and itís still saying expired?

Thanks in advance.
If you purchased your Bluetooth-equipped detector or an EL SmartCord, and you registered it with Escort, Escort provides a free 1-year subscription to Escort Live. Escort has been extending the subscription at no cost over the years, and my subscription shows the it's good thru June 28, 2020, in the EL app.

If you purchased a subscription from Apple's app store or Google Play store, this subscriptions will expire after one year.

Try logging into Escort Live using the same credentials that you used to register your detector.

NOTE: Don't confuse a Defender subscription with one for Escort Live. Escort also provides a 90-day trial subscription for Defender when you register your detector.
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Max 360c, Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
LIDAR Defense: Escort LSP + Veil G4
Phone: Apple iPhone 6s (128 GB) + AT&T
CB: Midland 75-822
HAM: Yaesu FT-7900R, Baofeng UV-5R, UV-3R
Scanner: GRE PSR-500 (Triple-trunking)
GPS: iPhone 6s with GPS Plus and Waze
Dashcam: Escort M1 and Thinkware F750
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 9th, 2019
moocow moocow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the same email ect that I registered with. Also itís the live subscription that is saying expired, as I purchased a 3yr defender subscription through the web page.
When I log out and log into the app it says subscription has expired. It would be the one that comes with my original purchase which was 1yr ago.

Peace.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 11th, 2019
tiger956 tiger956 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Default same problem

I purchased a Redline EX and couldn't get the Escort live to work until I purchased it..I've been with Escort since their very 1st detector was out and have owned many of their products as well as give them as gifts to others at christmas,,,so I didn't get my FREE SUBSCRIPTION,,,and there's no link on the sign in if you forget your password?? tried to call them, that didn't work,, this should be addressed..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 11th, 2019
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 6,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger956 View Post
I purchased a Redline EX and couldn't get the Escort live to work until I purchased it..I've been with Escort since their very 1st detector was out and have owned many of their products as well as give them as gifts to others at christmas,,,so I didn't get my FREE SUBSCRIPTION,,,and there's no link on the sign in if you forget your password?? tried to call them, that didn't work,, this should be addressed..
Did you register your detector here? If so, the same credentials that you used would be the same to activate you EL subscription in the app.
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Max 360c, Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
LIDAR Defense: Escort LSP + Veil G4
Phone: Apple iPhone 6s (128 GB) + AT&T
CB: Midland 75-822
HAM: Yaesu FT-7900R, Baofeng UV-5R, UV-3R
Scanner: GRE PSR-500 (Triple-trunking)
GPS: iPhone 6s with GPS Plus and Waze
Dashcam: Escort M1 and Thinkware F750
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 Escort Inc.