Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Escort Live! > Escort Live! General

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 6th, 2016
FZBob FZBob is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 23
Default Does EL NEED a Data connection to pair?

Hate to start a new thread, but this is a fairly specific question that I cannot find an answer to. I am using my iX Bluetooth to pair to my Galaxy S6....then the Galaxy S6 through EL is alerting me through my bluetooth motorcycle headset. I have not had a chance to personally test this but I know it will come up when I hit the backroads where there is no data.

My ultimate question is, in order for the iX and EL to talk to each other via bluetooth, must there be a data connection?

Also, what happens if I am in an area with a connection...am paired and everything is in sync....ride through a "dark" area, then come into a data area? Will everything start working again or do I need to reset?

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 6th, 2016
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,610
Default

Good question. There's no need to apologize for starting a new thread here.

It worked for me.

On a Galaxy S5 I replicated this by turning off wifi and mobile data with Escort Live running and the app announced a radar alert that the ESCORT iX received. I then re-enabled data and the app kept running and populated the map areas that were blank and missing alerts due to not having data.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 9th, 2016
FZBob FZBob is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscortRadar View Post
Good question. There's no need to apologize for starting a new thread here.

It worked for me.

On a Galaxy S5 I replicated this by turning off wifi and mobile data with Escort Live running and the app announced a radar alert that the ESCORT iX received. I then re-enabled data and the app kept running and populated the map areas that were blank and missing alerts due to not having data.
Thank you! Now why when we had the server error a few days ago the EL app would not stay open. It would ask for password...and when you typed it in, it came up with that 503 error...and you couldn't do anything?

I sure hope it works as you say....that would be awesome!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 9th, 2016
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZBob View Post
Thank you! Now why when we had the server error a few days ago the EL app would not stay open. It would ask for password...and when you typed it in, it came up with that 503 error...and you couldn't do anything?

I sure hope it works as you say....that would be awesome!!
You have to initially log into the app when your phone has a data connection, after that it should run with out data (but without everything that you would get with a data connection).
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 9th, 2016
FZBob FZBob is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscortRadar View Post
You have to initially log into the app when your phone has a data connection, after that it should run with out data (but without everything that you would get with a data connection).
Okay....very good to know!! Some of my favorite roads are off the grid...except for roaming sheriff's ya know
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bluetooth, data

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.