Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Escort Live! > Escort Live! for iPhone

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 23rd, 2018
bugdoc bugdoc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 8
Default Constant crashing

I have an iPhone X with OS 12.1 and live app version 2.1.44. This app is awful. It crashes constantly, the map doesnít follow your movements and after a crash you have restart the detector to get Bluetooth re-synced. I have a Redline EX and have never had this problem before. I have tried re-installing the app and my firmware is up to date in the detector. What gives?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 3rd, 2018
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,681
Default

We are not hearing this from others. We also have several employees using this iPhone and iOS version who are not reporting Escort Live crashing. There may be an issue with your iPhone.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 3rd, 2018
kasher1979 kasher1979 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugdoc View Post
I have an iPhone X with OS 12.1 and live app version 2.1.44. This app is awful. It crashes constantly, the map doesnít follow your movements and after a crash you have restart the detector to get Bluetooth re-synced. I have a Redline EX and have never had this problem before. I have tried re-installing the app and my firmware is up to date in the detector. What gives?
I would suspect some kind of clashing with different apps on your phone causing Escort Live to Crash. You need to restart everything and reinstall and make sure in the devices section on the app that no other unit is in the memory except the one you are wanting to connect to.

Good Luck
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 5th, 2018
woodsnazi woodsnazi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 64
Default Mine 2

My EL still is doing the same as above and I complained about. I hardly even open the app anymore because it is so frustrating
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 5th, 2018
radarcc radarcc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 117
Default

I run EL on iOS 12.1 with my 360 with no issues and never a single 'crash'. I randomly open in during the day and do a quick peek around at alerts and still it works without issue.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 22nd, 2018
bugdoc bugdoc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 8
Default Still crashing

I have run the app with all background apps closed. It still crashes and needs to be constantly updated to get it to continue to track my location. I have it set to send crash data. It would be good if someone would look at that data and see if they can figure it out.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 30th, 2018
pariah99's Avatar
pariah99 pariah99 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugdoc View Post
I have run the app with all background apps closed. It still crashes and needs to be constantly updated to get it to continue to track my location. I have it set to send crash data. It would be good if someone would look at that data and see if they can figure it out.
Coming from an iPhone user that beta tests quite a bit...Iím thinking itís an issue with the software on your iPhone. I recommend reinstalling your iOS from scratch and just installing the escort live app. This will tell if itís the app/phone or just something to do with iOS and the apps you have installed. If you still experience the issue Iíd take the phone to an Apple store and show them. If not then you can take steps to restore to factory and install apps fresh. Remember ...a phone is just like a computer.

Note: make sure you have a full backup before you do this.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 9th, 2019
Nerfe360C Nerfe360C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 47
Default My EL APPS closed after using it for awhile...

My EL on my phone keep shutting down after using it for 15-20 minutes of use. I post something like this but one member keep saying its my phone. I disagree on that comment. MY issue on the EL was keep shutting down after 15-20 minutes of use on the apps, The two cars icon on upper left keep saying "Google, This page can't load Google Maps correctly and "Do you own this website"... the directions always keep going either side ways or down ways. And last my MAX360c and my phone Bluetooth keep disconnecting and reconnecting but sometimes, I have to reboot either my MAX360c or the restart the EL APPS... hope some one out there get the ideas about this issue I am having. Thank goodness this is free. If weren't free..
__________________
Current:
Max 360c Version 1.8
Active Subscribes: EL and DD
iPhone 6S plus
IOS Version 12.1.4
Carrier: AT&T

Last edited by flylow7f39; January 11th, 2019 at 02:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 9th, 2019
Nerfe360C Nerfe360C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 47
Default still an ISSUE.. its the Escort LIVE APPS.

I know some one will tell me to re-install the apps check the background app refresh... reconnect the MAX360c bluetooth... update my firmware.. update my IOS... what else can you guys think off.. ALL DONE...
__________________
Current:
Max 360c Version 1.8
Active Subscribes: EL and DD
iPhone 6S plus
IOS Version 12.1.4
Carrier: AT&T
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 9th, 2019
pariah99's Avatar
pariah99 pariah99 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfe360C View Post
My EL on my phone keep shutting down after using it for 15-20 minutes of use. I post something like this but one member keep saying its my phone. I disagree on that comment. MY issue on the EL was keep shutting down after 15-20 minutes of use on the apps, The two cars icon on upper left keep saying "Google, This page can't load Google Maps correctly and "Do you own this website"... the directions always keep going either side ways or down ways. And last my MAX360c and my phone Bluetooth keep disconnecting and reconnecting but sometimes, I have to reboot either my MAX360c or the restart the EL APPS... hope some one out there get the ideas about this issue I am having. Thank goodness this is free. If weren't free.. I rather use the WAZE...
Mine always has that same error when you click the double-car icon. I donít use that map. I personally use W*** on the foreground with EL in the background while leaving my phone un-muted. That way I get the alerts through the vehicle speakers.

To clarify: When an app is automatically shutting down 15 min in, itís usually an indication that something it causing it to crash; but if itís a notification saying shutting down location settings: that means you may need to adjust privacy/location settings for EL. If you are having to reboot the detector to regain connection it could mean your Bluetooth connection is the source of the crash.

This is the same exact troubleshooting that theyíll walk you through at the Apple store to pinpoint the issue. Theyíll help you if you prefer in-store. (Iíve helped several w/similar issues and weíve been able to fix):

Note: When I say it may be your phone it doesnít mean your specific phone is bad; it may just be a software install issue on your phone.

- Back up your phone.
- Reset your phone to factory and setup as new iPhone (you can still log into it so all contacts, accounts come back, etc)
- Install only the EL app any any only any other critical app you need for this test.
- Check to see if EL crashes and automatically when connects and driving. Make sure location settings are enabled and Bluetooth connected.

RESULTS ó

1 - If it doesnít shut down anymore then you know there may have been a problem with your iOS installation. You may want to just go from there and reinstall your apps.

2 - If itís still happening and the app disappears you may have a hardware issue. Iíd have Apple run diagnostics on your phone (can be done via phonr call or in-store). If the app runs fine now but radar detector Bluetooth disconnects may still want to have Apple diagnose the bluetooth and/or contact escort support.

Note: all disconnects, app crashes, etc are logged in the crash logs on your phone so they can tell whatís causing the issue(s) at any Apple store.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 Escort Inc.