Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > Passport 9500ix, S75G

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 5 Days Ago
Darkmann Darkmann is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 172
Default 9500iX Platinum

Is the Platinum package a GPS based 9500iX? I have a regular 9500ix and the Escort IX. Had a stint with the 360C - didn't like it that much. Now, I am very interested in the 9500iX Platinum.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 5 Days Ago
Pilot77 Pilot77 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 79
Default

Does it matter the red backlight and bright body, which will look beautiful in a red sports car? What's the point of taking an old candy in a new beautiful wrapper.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 5 Days Ago
Darkmann Darkmann is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot77 View Post
Does it matter the red backlight and bright body, which will look beautiful in a red sports car? What's the point of taking an old candy in a new beautiful wrapper.
Is it really just old candy in a new wrapper? My Escort IX is very good, in fact, it is excellent overall, in my opinion. However, from my experience, in terms of detecting LEO, it is really no better than the 9500iX. The one feature of the IX I really like is the speed display, which the 9500ix Platinum now has. That sounds like some new technology for the 9500ix.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 4 Days Ago
ThomThom ThomThom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Accokeek, MD
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmann View Post
Is it really just old candy in a new wrapper? My Escort IX is very good, in fact, it is excellent overall, in my opinion. However, from my experience, in terms of detecting LEO, it is really no better than the 9500iX. The one feature of the IX I really like is the speed display, which the 9500ix Platinum now has. That sounds like some new technology for the 9500ix.
I am kinda confused with your reference to the speed display. The 9500ix has always has the option to display speed or, if you prefer, to display the speed only when an alerts sounds.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2 Days Ago
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,896
Default

The Passport 9500ix has always had a built-in GPS chip and it's feature set has never changed. The 9500ix Platinum adds a SmartCord Live cord for wireless connectivity to the Escort Live app.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11 Hours Ago
audiomixer audiomixer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 18
Default

The 9500ix is an excellent unit as I have two of them with smart cord. I did upgrade to the 360c which for the most part displays radar direction and has much less false alerts from neighboring cars.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11 Hours Ago
Darkmann Darkmann is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
I am kinda confused with your reference to the speed display. The 9500ix has always has the option to display speed or, if you prefer, to display the speed only when an alerts sounds.
Mee too - I think I am losing too many brain cells. Just ignore everything I asked about.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.