Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Installed Detector Systems > Passport 9500ci

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4 Days Ago
chriscpm chriscpm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6
Default too many k band alerts

I've had my 9500ci for 7 years. It started to give me a lot of extra K band alerts recently. Maybe even for a while.

I thought it was a loose wire or something, so I was going to bring it to the shop that installed it. Then I bumped the appointment for other repairs. Now I'm thinking should figure this out. Maybe figure out if I can do something before I bring it in.

On the freeway I basically shut it off more than I use it lately. I did a check on my last trip. It did 5 alerts in 5 miles. It seems to hold a light k reading for a while, then stops after 15 seconds usually. When it kicks in again, there isn't a loss of power that I can see.

I usually run in "auto" I tried Auto-no-X. That might be a bit better, but its hard to say. It does for sure pick up actual radar.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 3 Days Ago
ilardi74 ilardi74 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 65
Default

Its picking up all the vehicles that use radar for blind spot monitoring. You cannot avoid all these false alerts unless you upgrade to a newer detector like the Max/Max 360 or Max CI.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2 Days Ago
chriscpm chriscpm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6
Default

This is brutal. I spend a ton on this system. I figured I might even move it o my next car Agh.

Is it possible to get just upgrade the box, but still use all the sensors and accessories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilardi74 View Post
Its picking up all the vehicles that use radar for blind spot monitoring. You cannot avoid all these false alerts unless you upgrade to a newer detector like the Max/Max 360 or Max CI.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1 Day Ago
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 6,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscpm View Post
This is brutal. I spend a ton on this system. I figured I might even move it o my next car Agh.

Is it possible to get just upgrade the box, but still use all the sensors and accessories?
The automobile industry is to blame, I'm afraid.

I'm afraid that it's not possible to switch-out just the control box. The old sensors for the 9500ci aren't compatible. Additionally the new sensors can shift threats from newer laser buns like DragonEye.
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Max 360c, Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
LIDAR Defense: Escort LSP + Veil G4
Phone: Apple iPhone 6s (128 GB) + AT&T
CB: Midland 75-822
HAM: Yaesu FT-7900R, Baofeng UV-5R, UV-3R
Scanner: GRE PSR-500 (Triple-trunking)
GPS: iPhone 6s with GPS Plus and Waze
Dashcam: Thinkware F750 (backup: DOD LS430W)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Day Ago
kasher1979's Avatar
kasher1979 kasher1979 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscpm View Post
I've had my 9500ci for 7 years. It started to give me a lot of extra K band alerts recently. Maybe even for a while.

I thought it was a loose wire or something, so I was going to bring it to the shop that installed it. Then I bumped the appointment for other repairs. Now I'm thinking should figure this out. Maybe figure out if I can do something before I bring it in.

On the freeway I basically shut it off more than I use it lately. I did a check on my last trip. It did 5 alerts in 5 miles. It seems to hold a light k reading for a while, then stops after 15 seconds usually. When it kicks in again, there isn't a loss of power that I can see.

I usually run in "auto" I tried Auto-no-X. That might be a bit better, but its hard to say. It does for sure pick up actual radar.

Any ideas?
TIme to retire this system. YOu'll want to get a Maxci now or go with a more updated detector. YOur unit can not and will never be able to filter out all of these vehicles that have K band BSM on them.

In the meantime you can make sure TSR is on and that you're running in auto mode on your 9500ci and that'll help some .....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Day Ago
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscpm View Post
This is brutal. I spend a ton on this system. I figured I might even move it o my next car Agh.

Is it possible to get just upgrade the box, but still use all the sensors and accessories?
The entire detector industry has been dealing with this problem for several years now. It only gets worse as more and more new vehicles are sold with these systems. Many older detectors from all brands cannot be updated to support the new filtering needed. It's is a bummer.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22 Hours Ago
BaileyAB's Avatar
BaileyAB BaileyAB is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscpm View Post
This is brutal. I spend a ton on this system. I figured I might even move it o my next car Agh.

Is it possible to get just upgrade the box, but still use all the sensors and accessories?
9500ci radar antenna is still awesome for detecting entire ka band spectrum 33.8 34.7 35.5 however it does lack up to date filtering on k band so thats why you are getting constant false k band alerts.
9500ci shifters are outdated for 5yrs now since Laserally/Dragoneye came out with their antijam ECCM algo and will not defend you if you get shot by any VRPR gun.
As other members posted, you will need to upgrade to MAX Ci series or get windshield mounted detector that supports ZR5/ZW5 shifters but if it is to expensive for your pocket, there are other products on par/above par performance-wise for less money other there. Since this is an Escort forum, we can only discuss Escort products here so dont ask which are those caz answer will get deleted by mods and warning before ban will be issued to whoever answers that question.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.