Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Installed Detector Systems > MAX Ci and MAX Ci 360

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old May 20th, 2019
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Armchair Expert
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,034
Default

What is surprising about this thread is 1) it appears most of the problems were the owner did not read up on what settings need to be on or off. And 2) can't believe a high end place that installs a CI 360 system did no go over any of this with the owner.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old May 20th, 2019
zonearc zonearc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
Default

They didn't walk me through any of it when I picked it up. They directed me to the manual and the 800 number.

The instructions are not particularly helpful. They dont tell you which bands to turn on and off by state, etc. That's fine tuning which I went to customer service for and they were not helpful either.

I'm also not an expert and while I could have spent 20 hours pouring through forums, I'm just not interested in doing so. As a consumer, I shouldnt have to become an expert for every product I purchase.

With that said, I really appreciate all of your help!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old May 21st, 2019
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonearc View Post
They didn't walk me through any of it when I picked it up. They directed me to the manual and the 800 number.

The instructions are not particularly helpful. They dont tell you which bands to turn on and off by state, etc. That's fine tuning which I went to customer service for and they were not helpful either.

I'm also not an expert and while I could have spent 20 hours pouring through forums, I'm just not interested in doing so. As a consumer, I shouldnt have to become an expert for every product I purchase.

With that said, I really appreciate all of your help!
Totally get that and understand where you are coming from. This is why the forum is here and I was more than glad to be of assistance to you. Since joining the forum here and getting my Escort Products (recently added a Redline Also) I enjoy helping others. I hope everyone enjoys their products as much as I do, and I want to help everyone get the most out of it.

If you need anything just ask. Glad to help as I am able to. It's fun to learn and I learn lots from helping others too.

Keep us posted on how things are going!
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline EX
Max360c with wifi
M1 Dash cam with both detectors
Escort Live
ZR5 Shifters
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 25th, 2019
06142020 06142020 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc0rtFan View Post
Ok I was assuming that it would only be K band coming from Collision Avoidance. DIdn't know they used KA band for that now too.

2,5,8 should work just fine for KA band though. Good deal.
No collision avoidance uses Ka band. All modern active cruise control and anti-collision systems use either W band (~77 GHz) radar (most common), LIDAR (eg Volvo, Mazda, Infiniti), or camera vision systems (eg Subaru).

In most cases, W band radar poses no difficulty for radar detectors since the harmonics do not fall in the X, K, or Ka band ranges. The exception is when you have a sensitive remote mount detector (eg Max Ci) mounted in very close proximity to the W band radar unit in the front grill/bumper, you get some "bleed-over" into Ka band (usually at the very high end, Seg. 10). Segmenting Ka band and disabling Seg 10 (as suggested by @EscortRadar earlier) usually solves this issue.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old May 25th, 2019
06142020 06142020 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esc0rtFan View Post
X Band On* / Off-> Not sure where you live but unless you are in Ohio or PA, turn X off.
I think you mean Ohio or NJ. X band can still be found fairly regularly in southern NJ.

There have been recent reports of X band in rural parts of Oregon, and although extremely rare if falses aren't a problem I would leave it enabled.

PA is K band only, and only state police are allowed to run radar. VASCAR is common though
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old May 25th, 2019
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06142020 View Post
I think you mean Ohio or NJ. X band can still be found fairly regularly in southern NJ.

There have been recent reports of X band in rural parts of Oregon, and although extremely rare if falses aren't a problem I would leave it enabled.

PA is K band only, and only state police are allowed to run radar. VASCAR is common though
Thank you for that!
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline EX
Max360c with wifi
M1 Dash cam with both detectors
Escort Live
ZR5 Shifters
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old May 25th, 2019
Agrines2003 Agrines2003 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Default

I was driving through ST Louis. Out of nowhere, a car came up behind me really fast and jumped directly behind me. I immediately slowed down to the PSL. I could see the lights in the grill. After about a mile, he went around me. About 10 mins later, I passed the same car sitting in the median. Again, I immediately slowed down to the PSL. Just as before, he came up behind me really fast and jumped directly behind me. Radar nor laser never alerted. It was as if he was trying to pace me to get my speed. I found that really strange. Could he have possibly shot me, but got no reading? If so, why didnít I get an alert?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old May 25th, 2019
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Armchair Expert
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrines2003 View Post
I was driving through ST Louis. Out of nowhere, a car came up behind me really fast and jumped directly behind me. I immediately slowed down to the PSL. I could see the lights in the grill. After about a mile, he went around me. About 10 mins later, I passed the same car sitting in the median. Again, I immediately slowed down to the PSL. Just as before, he came up behind me really fast and jumped directly behind me. Radar nor laser never alerted. It was as if he was trying to pace me to get my speed. I found that really strange. Could he have possibly shot me, but got no reading? If so, why didnít I get an alert?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was probably trying to pace you. There is nothing to alert to, all he is doing is keeping up with you and looking at his speedometer. Maybe he was using vacsar. Vascar is simply a stop watch that times how long it takes you to drive between to painted marks on the road. A simple math calculation and they have your speed. Once again there is no signal to pick up in this example. Maybe he had nothing and just thought he would mess with you. He pulled up on you fast and you thought you were getting pulled over and slowed down. Mission accomplished for him.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old May 27th, 2019
BaileyAB's Avatar
BaileyAB BaileyAB is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonearc View Post
They didn't walk me through any of it when I picked it up. They directed me to the manual and the 800 number.

The instructions are not particularly helpful. They dont tell you which bands to turn on and off by state, etc. That's fine tuning which I went to customer service for and they were not helpful either.

I'm also not an expert and while I could have spent 20 hours pouring through forums, I'm just not interested in doing so. As a consumer, I shouldnt have to become an expert for every product I purchase.

With that said, I really appreciate all of your help!
Glad to hear you sorted your settings. I believe you will finally enjoy your MAX360ci. Its a monster unit with awesome capabilities.
I run a different radar detector and laser jammer but MAX360ci radar unit is maybe the ultimate unit nowadays.

@zonearc, So I have 1 question for you my friend?
****What you have to do when you finally get hit by laser, you are 20 over the limit and your shifters start to shift? ****
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old May 28th, 2019
Esc0rtFan's Avatar
Esc0rtFan Esc0rtFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyAB View Post
Glad to hear you sorted your settings. I believe you will finally enjoy your MAX360ci. Its a monster unit with awesome capabilities.
I run a different radar detector and laser jammer but MAX360ci radar unit is maybe the ultimate unit nowadays.

@zonearc, So I have 1 question for you my friend?
****What you have to do when you finally get hit by laser, you are 20 over the limit and your shifters start to shift? ****
Shouldn't have to do anything? Isn't the Auto Kill set on this unit by default?
__________________
I use the following Escort Products

Escort Redline EX
Max360c with wifi
M1 Dash cam with both detectors
Escort Live
ZR5 Shifters
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 Escort Inc.