Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Detector Accessories > Adapters, Misc

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 24th, 2010
KOMO's Avatar
KOMO KOMO is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 30
Default Concealed Display for 9500ix

Is there any chance of Escort producing a concealed display for the 9500ix, similar to that of the V1? I really don't want to upgrade to the 9500ci, and I love the GPS functionality of the 9500ix which rules out the Qi45.

It would be great to be able to put my 9500ix on stealth mode on the headliner and integrate a remote display into my gauge cluster or mirror.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 25th, 2010
CJR238's Avatar
CJR238 CJR238 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 4,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO View Post
Is there any chance of Escort producing a concealed display for the 9500ix, similar to that of the V1? I really don't want to upgrade to the 9500ci, and I love the GPS functionality of the 9500ix which rules out the Qi45.

It would be great to be able to put my 9500ix on stealth mode on the headliner and integrate a remote display into my gauge cluster or mirror.
you can put it in full dark mode, the audio alert with verbal notification should be fine. Also the blue display is pretty stealthy anyway.
__________________
To embrace technology is not to blindly accept it. We must always question and test technology but never be afraid to use it.


Max, RedLine, 9500ci, 9500ix, 9500I x2, 8500, X50 Black, PRO300, SmartRadar, V1, Passport.

My 9500I/ix review and TrueLock info:
http://escortradarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96

My install:
http://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=37598

http://escortradarforum.com/forums/s...1131#post11131
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 27th, 2010
KOMO's Avatar
KOMO KOMO is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 30
Default

I've currently got it setup like that, but I want a display in my mirror or near my instrument cluster.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 27th, 2010
REBinc REBinc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 90
Default

You can always detach the display from the board. I did it with my SR7. I'm not sure how long the lead wires can be, I thought I remember seeing somewhere it should be under a foot.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 8th, 2010
KOMO's Avatar
KOMO KOMO is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 30
Default

Just to update people who may be interested in something similar to this. I went out and purchased a custom hardwire kit from Safe-n-Sound. The kit includes a t-tap to tap into the power source, a push button mute, a wire that will be connected to my radar which will be used as a kill switch and two leds (one alert - blue and one power - green).

I am currently looking for places to located the LEDs but I may end up trying to take my mirror apart and mounting the leds in there, we'll see.

I'll add pictures in the near future.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 10th, 2010
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,741
Default

Excellent, if you do want to post pictures of your installation then please start a thread over in the Customized Installations forum

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 30th, 2010
MyEscort8MyV1's Avatar
MyEscort8MyV1 MyEscort8MyV1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 879
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO View Post
I may end up trying to take my mirror apart and mounting the leds in there
If you could make a tutorial on how to do this that would be incredible
__________________
.
The box said "Requires Windows 7 or better" ...so I installed OS X.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 3rd, 2010
KOMO's Avatar
KOMO KOMO is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 30
Default

I may take my mirror apart this weekend once I finish up with finals and see if there's room.

There's basically two ways to go about putting the LEDs in the mirror, 1. have 5mm circles etched into the glass and then place the LEDs behind each of these or 2. drill the holes into the top or bottom of the mirror, and add an LED holder and the LED into the hole. Either one will provide a clean install.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 3rd, 2010
CJR238's Avatar
CJR238 CJR238 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 4,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO View Post
Just to update people who may be interested in something similar to this. I went out and purchased a custom hardwire kit from Safe-n-Sound. The kit includes a t-tap to tap into the power source, a push button mute, a wire that will be connected to my radar which will be used as a kill switch and two leds (one alert - blue and one power - green).

I am currently looking for places to located the LEDs but I may end up trying to take my mirror apart and mounting the leds in there, we'll see.

I'll add pictures in the near future.
Safe-n-Sound has got some cool RD stuff.
__________________
To embrace technology is not to blindly accept it. We must always question and test technology but never be afraid to use it.


Max, RedLine, 9500ci, 9500ix, 9500I x2, 8500, X50 Black, PRO300, SmartRadar, V1, Passport.

My 9500I/ix review and TrueLock info:
http://escortradarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96

My install:
http://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=37598

http://escortradarforum.com/forums/s...1131#post11131
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 3rd, 2010
KOMO's Avatar
KOMO KOMO is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
Safe-n-Sound has got some cool RD stuff.
Yea, I'm using the safe-n-sound harness, they made one for me with a push button mute that will be integrated into my shifter bezel, a green power led and a blue alert led to match my 9500ix.

Now I'll just run the 9500ix in dark mode all the time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.