Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > ESCORT iX

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 1 Week Ago
Montrix Montrix is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
Default Galaxy S8 EL Issues

I have Escort Live 2.1.8 On my Galaxy S8 from Sprint (Android 7.0) to try to use along with my IX. For the past two days, I have tried the app to the radar but have not been able to. It seems to be pairing just fine in my Bluetooth menu, and the radar itself has the Bluetooth icon next the speed limit, but it does not show up in the Bluetooth menu within the EL App.

I have tried rebooting (both my phone and the detector), updating the detector with my computer, reinstalling the app, and trying to pair it again. Any ideas? Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1 Week Ago
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 5,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrix View Post
I have Escort Live 2.1.8 On my Galaxy S8 from Sprint (Android 7.0) to try to use along with my IX. For the past two days, I have tried the app to the radar but have not been able to. It seems to be pairing just fine in my Bluetooth menu, and the radar itself has the Bluetooth icon next the speed limit, but it does not show up in the Bluetooth menu within the EL App.

I have tried rebooting (both my phone and the detector), updating the detector with my computer, reinstalling the app, and trying to pair it again. Any ideas? Thank you!
The Bluetooth menu in the app doesn't apply to the iX. That's only used with the latest models that use the new low-enegy Bluetooth (BL). If memory serves, the iX uses the legacy (traditional) Bluetooth

When you launch the EL app, are you logging in to your premium account?
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
LIDAR Defense: Escort LSP + Veil G4
Phone: Apple iPhone 6s (128 GB) + AT&T
CB: Midland 75-822
HAM: Yaesu FT-7900R, Baofeng UV-5R, UV-3R
Scanner: GRE PSR-500 (Triple-trunking)
GPS: iPhone 6s with GPS Plus and Waze
Dashcam: Thinkware F750 (backup: DOD LS430W)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1 Week Ago
Montrix Montrix is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBNTX View Post
The Bluetooth menu in the app doesn't apply to the iX. That's only used with the latest models that use the new low-enegy Bluetooth (BL). If memory serves, the iX uses the legacy (traditional) Bluetooth

When you launch the EL app, are you logging in to your premium account?
Yes, I am logged into the app with my premium account that I have the iX registered to
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1 Week Ago
tecboy tecboy is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21
Default

I had IX before i switched to Max360....setting for IX were not availble in the EL app....but the Max360...i can change all the settings on the detector thru the app...one other thing i came across....was the bluetooth icon would stay on detector rahter than show the speed limit of the street you were on...i did come across something in an earlier EL post about not swiping to close the app...it will crash....only way to get it "reset" was to force stop in the apps....once i closed the app by hitting back button to close app...it always show speed limit now....if they could just fix the not updating location if the screen is locked bug...it would be a great app and i would actually use it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Week Ago
Montrix Montrix is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
Default

I'll have to try that I guess, I love the detector, I just really want it to connect to my phone. I'll also have to try the update under the advanced tab to see if that does anything, but hopefully someone has another suggestion as well
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Week Ago
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrix View Post
I have Escort Live 2.1.8 On my Galaxy S8 from Sprint (Android 7.0) to try to use along with my IX. For the past two days, I have tried the app to the radar but have not been able to. It seems to be pairing just fine in my Bluetooth menu, and the radar itself has the Bluetooth icon next the speed limit, but it does not show up in the Bluetooth menu within the EL App.

I have tried rebooting (both my phone and the detector), updating the detector with my computer, reinstalling the app, and trying to pair it again. Any ideas? Thank you!
What Bluetooth menu are you referring to?

The Bluetooth Settings menu in Android does not display bluetooth devices. It only allows you to set a delay for Escort Live's bluetooth connection to your phone. This is helpful for instance if your car and Escort Live both try to pair at once to your phone, causing conflicts.

If the Bluetooth icon in the top right of Escort Live is red and you press it, then you should see a window appear with your ESCORT iX listed. Select ESCORT iX and your phone should pair to your phone. You only need to do this the first time you use Escort Live with your ESCORT iX. If you need to do this often then try using the bluetooth connection delay that I described earlier. Start with a value of 5 seconds, then try 10 if that doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBNTX View Post
The Bluetooth menu in the app doesn't apply to the iX. That's only used with the latest models that use the new low-enegy Bluetooth (BL). If memory serves, the iX uses the legacy (traditional) Bluetooth

When you launch the EL app, are you logging in to your premium account?
ESCORT iX uses the newer bluetooth smart, low energy, technology however the pairing procedure did not change on Android phones like it did on iPhones.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1 Week Ago
Montrix Montrix is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscortRadar View Post
What Bluetooth menu are you referring to?
So it shows up as paired if I go to my phone settings > Connections > Bluetooth. However, when I launch the EL app and hit the bluetooth icon on the top right, it shows other bluetooth devices but not the iX
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 1 Week Ago
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrix View Post
when I launch the EL app and hit the bluetooth icon on the top right, it shows other bluetooth devices but not the iX
If ESCORT iX is showing in your phone's bluetooth menu as connected and this happens in the Escort Live app, then it sounds like there is an issue with the bluetooth in your ESCORT iX. It will need to be serviced or replaced (depending on the returns policy of where you purchased it). To set up servicing it please contact our customer service department at the number in my signature below.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 1 Week Ago
Montrix Montrix is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscortRadar View Post
If ESCORT iX is showing in your phone's bluetooth menu as connected and this happens in the Escort Live app, then it sounds like there is an issue with the bluetooth in your ESCORT iX. It will need to be serviced or replaced (depending on the returns policy of where you purchased it). To set up servicing it please contact our customer service department at the number in my signature below.
I'll give you guys a call as soon as I get out of work. I got the radar detector two days ago (ordered it Sunday night) Do you know how long I will be without one? Is there any way to get a new one and ship this one back when the new comes in? Ordered it directly from your website
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 1 Week Ago
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrix View Post
I'll give you guys a call as soon as I get out of work. I got the radar detector two days ago (ordered it Sunday night) Do you know how long I will be without one? Is there any way to get a new one and ship this one back when the new comes in? Ordered it directly from your website

You ordered it from us? We will absolutely replace it. Just call our customer service department to set it up. We cannot ship out the replacement until we receive yours.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2017 Escort Inc.