Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Detector Accessories > Power Cords

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old December 3rd, 2016
AeroRamer's Avatar
AeroRamer AeroRamer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 128
Default

This might sound stupid but I am going to ask anyway. Does it make a difference if it is power cycled using the SC cigarette cable or the direct wire? I us the DW only? The SC turns on/off automatically when I turn the car ignition switch.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 6th, 2016
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroRamer View Post
This might sound stupid but I am going to ask anyway. Does it make a difference if it is power cycled using the SC cigarette cable or the direct wire? I us the DW only? The SC turns on/off automatically when I turn the car ignition switch.
It doesn't matter which cord you use. As long as the unit is powered off then powered on, either through starving it of power or by using the power button, then the displayed firmware version will be updated.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 26th, 2017
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Default DT Unable to Update SC Live (2012 version)

I just spent $129 to have my 9500ix updated, and it works fine with the standard cord. I tried to hook it to my SmartCord Live and run Escort Live, and get the error about updating the firmware. Customer Support said to hook the SCL to Detector Tools and it would update the firmware in the SCL. Error.

I tried several USB cords, no go. DT reads the serial number, even gets the Firmware version from the SCL. But when I go to update, either the green button or the Advanced / Update all, it goes through to 100% and then says Unable to Update. I tried 12v power cycling, and it still says Unable to Update.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 26th, 2017
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,305
Default

When performing a firmware update on your 9500ix, you should only power it using the power cord if its serial number begins with 19. If it begins with any other numbers then you should only connect a USB cable to it for updating.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 26th, 2017
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscortRadar View Post
When performing a firmware update on your 9500ix, you should only power it using the power cord if its serial number begins with 19. If it begins with any other numbers then you should only connect a USB cable to it for updating.
I'm updating the firmware on the SmartCord Live, not the detector. The detector was just updated by you last week.

Sorry for the confusion.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 26th, 2017
TBNTX's Avatar
TBNTX TBNTX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 6,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
I'm updating the firmware on the SmartCord Live, not the detector. The detector was just updated by you last week.

Sorry for the confusion.
There hasn't been a firmware update for the EL Smartcord for several years. My guess is that the "unable to update" message is probably more along the lines of "your firmware is already current".
__________________


Countermeasures:

Radar Detectors: Max 360c, Redline EX, Max 360, & others plus Escort Live!
LIDAR Defense: Escort LSP + Veil G4
Phone: Apple iPhone 6s (128 GB) + AT&T
CB: Midland 75-822
HAM: Yaesu FT-7900R, Baofeng UV-5R, UV-3R
Scanner: GRE PSR-500 (Triple-trunking)
GPS: iPhone 6s with GPS Plus and Waze
Dashcam: Thinkware F750 (backup: DOD LS430W)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 26th, 2017
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBNTX View Post
There hasn't been a firmware update for the EL Smartcord for several years. My guess is that the "unable to update" message is probably more along the lines of "your firmware is already current".
Customer Service told me the firmware needed to be updated (2012 SmartCord Live). But updating it appears to have bricked it.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old June 27th, 2017
EscortRadar's Avatar
EscortRadar EscortRadar is offline
Official Escort Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,305
Default

Oh I see. There is a hardware problem with your cord if the Escort Live app ever states that your already updated detector needs its firmware updated.

See this sticky post in the Escort Live section of the forum for more information. Unfortunately this could have caused an issue with your detector as well.
__________________

Escort Radar customer service is available from 9am-5:30pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri at 1-800-543-1608 or by live chat
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.