Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Installed Detector Systems > ZW5 and ZR5

Notices

View Poll Results: Best spot for Shifters with front plate
Orange 3 100.00%
Green 0 0%
Yellow 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
KingVictor501 KingVictor501 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 25
Default Best Place to Mount with Front Plate

Where is the best place to mount ZW5 shifters on a 6th gen Camaro with a front plate? I remember reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to put 4 shifters in the front.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Escort Redline 360c
M1 Dashcam
ZW5 Laser Shifters

Retired:
Escort ix
Escort Passport 9500 ix
Belltronics V8
Various <$100 Cobra detectors
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
amolinaro's Avatar
amolinaro amolinaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVictor501 View Post
Where is the best place to mount ZW5 shifters on a 6th gen Camaro with a front plate? I remember reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to put 4 shifters in the front.
You should be good with taking the two green locations and pushing them out towards your lights a bit more and adding a third under your chevy emblem to cover any shots to the plate.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
KingVictor501 KingVictor501 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolinaro View Post
You should be good with taking the two green locations and pushing them out towards your lights a bit more and adding a third under your chevy emblem to cover any shots to the plate.
Gotcha. Could have sworn I saw somewhere that you could only add two up front. Guess I'll do some shopping and see where I can get a third one. Thanks.
__________________
Escort Redline 360c
M1 Dashcam
ZW5 Laser Shifters

Retired:
Escort ix
Escort Passport 9500 ix
Belltronics V8
Various <$100 Cobra detectors
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
The Only Sarge's Avatar
The Only Sarge The Only Sarge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Texas
Posts: 265
Default

I have the ZW5 solution and have had it privately tested extensively and also (more importantly) have succeeded in 100% protection in the real world against real FUDD and real guns. I own and have used every jammer system available today and use the ZW5 exclusively for the simple reason it works and is fully integrated with my Max360c.
The orange location is what you want.
I also install other peoples/users systems. I have a kids hula hoop @ 24" diameter and use this to measure protection for the front plate and headlights. You will find it is perfect to replicate coverage protection for a laser shot at +/- 500'ish feet with most common guns used today. Dont forget your talking a human hand holding a laser gun on the side of the road here. The "dot" is wandering all over the front of your car.
My statement is made for/with my environment here in South Texas.
__________________
7 decades of hauling butt...................

Last edited by The Only Sarge; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
KingVictor501 KingVictor501 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Sarge View Post
I have the ZW5 solution and have had it privately tested extensively and also (more importantly) have succeeded in 100% protection in the real world against real FUDD and real guns. I own and have used every jammer system available today and use the ZW5 exclusively for the simple reason it works and is fully integrated with my Max360c.
The orange location is what you want.
I also install other peoples/users systems. I have a kids hula hoop @ 24" diameter and use this to measure protection for the front plate and headlights. You will find it is perfect to replicate coverage protection for a laser shot at +/- 500'ish feet with most common guns used today.
My statement is made for/with my environment here in South Texas.
Gotcha....good to know
__________________
Escort Redline 360c
M1 Dashcam
ZW5 Laser Shifters

Retired:
Escort ix
Escort Passport 9500 ix
Belltronics V8
Various <$100 Cobra detectors
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
The Only Sarge's Avatar
The Only Sarge The Only Sarge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Texas
Posts: 265
Default

Folks who think you can hold a gun "dot" steady with a car bouncing up and down and swaying side to side on a area of less than one foot at a target over 500' away going 60mph are smoking something. A Fudd just points at the front of the car at best. He paints the entire front end of the car every time.
Even if you mount the gun on a tripod you still have car bouncing and swaying.
Just use 2 heads as the system engineers designed the solution.
Your protected.
__________________
7 decades of hauling butt...................
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.