Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > RedLine EX

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 4th, 2018
SteveMRose SteveMRose is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5
Default A bizillion laser alerts

Hi,

I have the Ex FW 1.3 and for whatever reason am getting a laser alert all the time. I am in Maryland and cannot figure out what would be the reason for these. There is no laser that I can see in these areas. And, here is the kicker, when I drive this route (which I do every day in the morning and evening) before 5 am, I do not get the laser alerts, or at least 95% of them.

So, what could be triggering these.

And another kicker- I bought a competitor’s detector and used that for while on the same route and no laser alerts. (BTW- it did not catch the speed camera on one side of the road so I had to manually set that- BOO).

Anyone have any ideas other than to switch off the laser on my Ex? Not what I want to do.

Thanks
steve rose

Last edited by TBNTX; March 4th, 2018 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Edited to be compliant with forum policies
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 4th, 2018
Butcher318 Butcher318 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,838
Default

Did you recently get a new cell phone by chance? Some newer phones have some kind of eye smart thing that sets laser off. The reason your other unit did not false to laser is it's almost blind to laser.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 5th, 2018
ThomThom ThomThom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Accokeek, MD
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMRose View Post
Hi,

I have the Ex FW 1.3 and for whatever reason am getting a laser alert all the time. I am in Maryland and cannot figure out what would be the reason for these. There is no laser that I can see in these areas. And, here is the kicker, when I drive this route (which I do every day in the morning and evening) before 5 am, I do not get the laser alerts, or at least 95% of them.

So, what could be triggering these.

And another kicker- I bought a competitorís detector and used that for while on the same route and no laser alerts. (BTW- it did not catch the speed camera on one side of the road so I had to manually set that- BOO).

Anyone have any ideas other than to switch off the laser on my Ex? Not what I want to do.

Thanks
steve rose
I also live in Maryland, southern PG county, and frequently travel into Charles County. There are numerous laser activated red light and speed cameras. The speed cameras are in school zones and construction areas like the eastern portion of the DC beltway. Fortunately, my 9500ix does a good job of alerting me to their presence.

By the way, the speed cameras in school zones are not turned on until 6 am on school days, if that gives you any ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 7th, 2018
bossdad71's Avatar
bossdad71 bossdad71 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 45
Default

I could be way off here, but escorts detectors are very sensitive on lidar, at least mine have been.
There is a small town that I drive thru that has a large radio tower, sometimes it sends my lidar alerts out the window and other times it's quiet. could it possible that depending on the day, before they turn up the ??watts it's not enough to set it off but during the times it it turned up it does. do you have any large radio type towers in the areas it goes off?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 7th, 2018
SteveMRose SteveMRose is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
I also live in Maryland, southern PG county, and frequently travel into Charles County. There are numerous laser activated red light and speed cameras. The speed cameras are in school zones and construction areas like the eastern portion of the DC beltway. Fortunately, my 9500ix does a good job of alerting me to their presence.

By the way, the speed cameras in school zones are not turned on until 6 am on school days, if that gives you any ideas.
Thanks- I have wondered if it is the red light cameras and speed cameras. There are different types of these here in Montgomery County- the boxy ones that they take away on weekends and the ones that have heads that come off. Not sure how to determine if these are laser or not.

As to Lidar, as another poster asks, no towers in the area. I wonder if some sort of laser door signal exists- one place is right by a synagogue and nothing else around.

Very strange and hard to figure out.
Thaks
steve
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 8th, 2018
bossdad71's Avatar
bossdad71 bossdad71 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMRose View Post
Thanks- I have wondered if it is the red light cameras and speed cameras. There are different types of these here in Montgomery County- the boxy ones that they take away on weekends and the ones that have heads that come off. Not sure how to determine if these are laser or not.

As to Lidar, as another poster asks, no towers in the area. I wonder if some sort of laser door signal exists- one place is right by a synagogue and nothing else around.

Very strange and hard to figure out.
Thaks
steve
maybe some kind of alarm system too. that is interesting for sure, please keep us updated if you figure it out.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 8th, 2018
kasher1979's Avatar
kasher1979 kasher1979 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossdad71 View Post
maybe some kind of alarm system too. that is interesting for sure, please keep us updated if you figure it out.
You don't know what you're talking about Ape....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 8th, 2018
bossdad71's Avatar
bossdad71 bossdad71 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasher1979 View Post
You don't know what you're talking about Ape....
that's probably true, i'll go eat some banannas now
__________________
I speak for those that can not speak for themselves. I stand up for the ones that can not stand up for themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 8th, 2018
kasher1979's Avatar
kasher1979 kasher1979 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 842
Default

haha All jokes aside I think a lot of it can be the fact that the laser may be coming from different angles. Sometimes the Radar Detector will grab it, and other times it may not especially when it may be a weak beam bouncing around.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 8th, 2018
bossdad71's Avatar
bossdad71 bossdad71 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasher1979 View Post
haha All jokes aside I think a lot of it can be the fact that the laser may be coming from different angles. Sometimes the Radar Detector will grab it, and other times it may not especially when it may be a weak beam bouncing around.
good point, but it would be nice to narrow down what was causing it, if possible.
__________________
I speak for those that can not speak for themselves. I stand up for the ones that can not stand up for themselves.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 Escort Inc.