Escort Radar Forum  

Go Back   Escort Radar Forum > Windshield Radar Detectors > Passport iQ

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 25th, 2015
tmansk tmansk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1
Default Passport IQ maps/battery

Hello: I love my passport IQ. Too bad it is not made anymore I am wondering two things.
Is the Battery replaceable?
Has there been a map update?
  #2  
Old May 26th, 2015
flylow7f39 flylow7f39 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,034
Default

IIRC the last map update was in 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscortRadar View Post
There will not be any further software updates released for the Passport iQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscortRadar View Post
Future map updates are doubtful. I will post a sticky in this iQ section of the forum if we release new maps.
Thread about the battery:
http://escortradarforum.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9037

Last edited by flylow7f39; May 26th, 2015 at 03:19 AM.
  #3  
Old June 5th, 2015
IfOnly IfOnly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 11
Default

The only support you will get from escort is to try and get you to trade in one piece of junk for some other over priced piece of junk that they will probably stop supporting in the future in hopes that you will buy another over priced piece of junk from them.
  #4  
Old June 5th, 2015
BelsCortFan's Avatar
BelsCortFan BelsCortFan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: IN the Back of your Mind
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfOnly View Post
The only support you will get from escort is to try and get you to trade in one piece of junk for some other over priced piece of junk that they will probably stop supporting in the future in hopes that you will buy another over priced piece of junk from them.
WOW, that's a brazen statement....................(what other junk do they make???)

I've had nothing BUT great service from ER and my iQ is certainly NOT a piece of junk on Ka nor K band. It works great in Metro areas too. Apparently some issues were related to leaving it on dash in 120+ hot days (on the battery issue).
__________________
Stir-O >Redline-O>RX65 S7>Redline EX =Max 360
  #5  
Old June 9th, 2015
IfOnly IfOnly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelsCortFan View Post
WOW, that's a brazen statement....................(what other junk do they make???)

I've had nothing BUT great service from ER and my iQ is certainly NOT a piece of junk on Ka nor K band. It works great in Metro areas too. Apparently some issues were related to leaving it on dash in 120+ hot days (on the battery issue).
How about that when we could get yearly map updates the maps were already out of date and now escort has decided they will no longer have any updates or maps for this over priced piece of junk. Maybe the fact that when any of their devices do stop working properly (I also have an 8500) it now cost $100 + to get the device repaired. I just found a few days ago that the detector part of my IQ no longer works when I got a ticket, at least the 8500 will give me some warning that it is not working properly, the only way I found out with the IQ was when I got a ticket and the device never made a sound. If you call those things great service then I wonder what you would consider bad service. I just call things like they are, and the IQ is an overpriced piece of junk, and escort has horrible customer service. I've had my 8500 for 10+ years and my IQ over 4, but I will never buy another escort product again.
  #6  
Old June 9th, 2015
BelsCortFan's Avatar
BelsCortFan BelsCortFan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: IN the Back of your Mind
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfOnly View Post
How about that when we could get yearly map updates the maps were already out of date and now escort has decided they will no longer have any updates or maps for this over priced piece of junk. Maybe the fact that when any of their devices do stop working properly (I also have an 8500) it now cost $100 + to get the device repaired. I just found a few days ago that the detector part of my IQ no longer works when I got a ticket, at least the 8500 will give me some warning that it is not working properly, the only way I found out with the IQ was when I got a ticket and the device never made a sound. If you call those things great service then I wonder what you would consider bad service. I just call things like they are, and the IQ is an overpriced piece of junk, and escort has horrible customer service. I've had my 8500 for 10+ years and my IQ over 4, but I will never buy another escort product again.
I've got a 4 year old iQ with 0 issues and just got another I liked my old one so much. My M3s have been flawless in operation as well. I can't see how we can paint with a broad brush here when you've had a bad experience with an iQ. Yes, I've had my issues with "Max" and so have others, BUT I can't say that all ER products are "junk" (your words) because of an issue with one. I'll put my Redline up against any other detector out there (except for my Stir-O) of course.
__________________
Stir-O >Redline-O>RX65 S7>Redline EX =Max 360
  #7  
Old June 10th, 2015
IfOnly IfOnly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelsCortFan View Post
I've got a 4 year old iQ with 0 issues and just got another I liked my old one so much. My M3s have been flawless in operation as well. I can't see how we can paint with a broad brush here when you've had a bad experience with an iQ. Yes, I've had my issues with "Max" and so have others, BUT I can't say that all ER products are "junk" (your words) because of an issue with one. I'll put my Redline up against any other detector out there (except for my Stir-O) of course.
I'll never know if any other of their other detectors are junk or not since I refuse to give them any more of my money. No issues with your IQ so you appreciate out of date maps then when you can get maps and that you own a product that is no longer supported. Yes I said they are all junk, I figure once a company start selling junk and knows their customers are happy with that junk then they will produce more junk that those same happy customers will buy. I live by the screw me once rule, and escort has now royally screwed me on the IQ so instead of letting them screw me again and it being my fault, I won't give them the chance. If you are happy with paying $100+ to have items repaired that is no fault of your own then good for you. I think there is a saying about a fool and his money though.
  #8  
Old June 10th, 2015
BelsCortFan's Avatar
BelsCortFan BelsCortFan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: IN the Back of your Mind
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfOnly View Post
I'll never know if any other of their other detectors are junk or not since I refuse to give them any more of my money. No issues with your IQ so you appreciate out of date maps then when you can get maps and that you own a product that is no longer supported. Yes I said they are all junk, I figure once a company start selling junk and knows their customers are happy with that junk then they will produce more junk that those same happy customers will buy. I live by the screw me once rule, and escort has now royally screwed me on the IQ so instead of letting them screw me again and it being my fault, I won't give them the chance. If you are happy with paying $100+ to have items repaired that is no fault of your own then good for you. I think there is a saying about a fool and his money though.
ONLY if the fool doesn't get what he wants and I can honestly say that I've gotten what I want from ER and my various units over the years. The iQ is not a Garmin /TomTom/Magellan nor was it intended to be.

So, if I apply a lil logic here to your argument ala Spock, "A single piece of junk makes everything junk?? " Sounds to me like only a FOOL would say that. Remember too, "another mans junk is another mans treasure."
__________________
Stir-O >Redline-O>RX65 S7>Redline EX =Max 360
 

Tags
iq battery, iq map

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 Escort Inc.