View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0rtex View Post
Gorgeous car. One of my favorites!

Your intuition about your install is accurate.

Your radar performance will be compromised being behind grill slats like that. That will negatively impact performance, despite it looking like it's almost clear to line of sight. It is a compromise though versus finding a place to have the detector have a clear view of the road.

That head placement is also less than ideal. A shooter aiming for your headlights may be able to pick you off. Additionally, depending on how far back your heads are, you'll get nailed if shot from an overpass.

Your setup can work in favorable conditions, but it's limiting the full capability of what is possible with that equipment.

I really wish that you could get vertical heads with the LSP's the way you could with LI's. That would solve many issues with this setup.

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear that my thoughts were right. Il have to take it back to the installer and have them move it

The shifters are flush with the front of the bumper so they are not recessed in the openings like it seems in the pictures. I'll capture a few close ups.

Thanks for your opinion.